Author Topic: Sacramento Queens  (Read 5589 times)

Re: Sacramento Queens
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
If the Kings participated in March Madness they would roll to the title with an average margin of victory of about 30 points, if not more.

More. I'd put the over/under on 45 points.

Probably right... their last starting lineup was:

Bobby Jackson - best player from the 1998 Golden Gopher (!!!) final four team (leave academics out of this)
Francisco Garcia - a standout at Louisville a short time ago
Kevin Martin - would be the best scorer in college ball right now
Jason Thompson - rookie from a small college that was good enough to go 12th overall
Spencer Hawes - would beast up college centers now

The two worst players in that starting 5 were both good recent college players that have probably improved drastically in their short NBA careers.

And on the bench...

Rashad McCants - one of the best scorers in recent UNC history
Nocioni - I would fear for a 19 year old college kid that had to go against Nocioni
Donte Greene - a rookie that was a beast at Syracuse and probably is much better now
Ike Diogu - lottery pick out of Arizona State

That team would absolutely destroy any college team in the country.  Absolutely no question.

Good way to break it down.  There is no way they would come close to losing a game.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."