Author Topic: Report: Joe Smith agrees to contract with Cleveland  (Read 6657 times)

Re: Report: Joe Smith agrees to contract with Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
This blows.

I can't stand the Cavs. I think they have an arrogance that they haven't earned. I think they are a bunch of flopping whiners and it is going to totally kill me as a bball fan if they make it past us.

That's why this past week was so frustrating for me.

Anyway, time to buckle down here. Time to stop all my complaining and hope we can rise to the challenge.
you are not by yourself...everytime i here something from Moe,D.West its with a arrogant,cocky attitude as if they won something.I hope we sweep them.tp

I had the unfortunate experience of catching the piece on Mo Williams where he talked about how he patterns himself after Gary Payton.

Too funny. Was Payton a shoot-first pg that wasn't much of a defender?

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 09:42:09 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
This blows.

I can't stand the Cavs. I think they have an arrogance that they haven't earned. I think they are a bunch of flopping whiners and it is going to totally kill me as a bball fan if they make it past us.

That's why this past week was so frustrating for me.

Anyway, time to buckle down here. Time to stop all my complaining and hope we can rise to the challenge.
you are not by yourself...everytime i here something from Moe,D.West its with a arrogant,cocky attitude as if they won something.I hope we sweep them.tp

I had the unfortunate experience of catching the piece on Mo Williams where he talked about how he patterns himself after Gary Payton.

Too funny. Was Payton a shoot-first pg that wasn't much of a defender?

It seems like the only thing he took from Payton is to play like d-head...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I've lost a lot of respect for GP, by the way, with his clowning on Rondo and putting it out there that KG is the most overrated superstar in the game.

I was pretty much done with him at that point...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Mikey Adams was reporting on EEI that Joe Smith was signed but was not eligible for the postseason.  I know since Smith was bought out before 3/1 he is eligible, so I was wondering if there was any validity in what EEI was reporting or if they just simply mispoke?
He either misspoke or is ignorant of the actual rule. A player merely needs to be placed on waivers by March 1st to be eligible. Joe Smith was waived on March 1st and therefore may be signed and be playoff eligible for his new team.

i'm going with ignorant. WEEI has many hosts who try to talk like they know everything, but should stick to one sport because they don't, and mikey applies.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Anyone catch this quote in today's globe? I don't know what to make of it but I'm leaning towards Smith has been talking out of both sides of his mouth.

I think if the ball would have bounced in our favor on one or two possessions, the outcome could have been different," Smith said. "Unfortunately, it didn't. They went on and won. That's something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. That was another key aspect in me wanting to come back here and try and get that taste out of my mouth.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Anyone catch this quote in today's globe? I don't know what to make of it but I'm leaning towards Smith has been talking out of both sides of his mouth.

I think if the ball would have bounced in our favor on one or two possessions, the outcome could have been different," Smith said. "Unfortunately, it didn't. They went on and won. That's something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. That was another key aspect in me wanting to come back here and try and get that taste out of my mouth.

Yup.  That's what I've been saying.  Smith didn't want a buyout (or at least claimed he didn't) when the C's needed him, but wanted one once the Celtics signed Moore and the Cavs needed him.  He was never coming to Boston.  Man I hope the Celtics beat them without KG tonight!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I've lost a lot of respect for GP, by the way, with his clowning on Rondo and putting it out there that KG is the most overrated superstar in the game.

I was pretty much done with him at that point...

So can we finaly say that DA knew something we didnt or at least say he made the right move by not waiting.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yup.  That's what I've been saying.  Smith didn't want a buyout (or at least claimed he didn't) when the C's needed him, but wanted one once the Celtics signed Moore and the Cavs needed him.  He was never coming to Boston.  Man I hope the Celtics beat them without KG tonight!

It's not like Smith would say "I only want to go to Boston". He probably said that he'd like to play for Boston to our reporters, that he'd like to play for the Lakers when he was in LA, and that he liked Cleveland when he was there.

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:07 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
i've hated the caviliers since the 1976 series when nate thurmond and co.- along with their crazed fans - gave us fits before we took them out in six games on the way to banner # 13. seems i remember jo jo hitting a couple of clinching free throws late in cleveland to clinch that series.

at least back then, they knew they were upstarts - now they think act like they belong, but still no hardware - the cleveland caviliers - no titles, no pedigree and no class.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce