Author Topic: How far can BC go in the tournament  (Read 4369 times)

How far can BC go in the tournament
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
According the ESPN, Lunardi is currently predicting that BC will be an 8 seed in the NCAA tourney.  How far do you think they can go?  With Tyrese Rice on the team i have a hard time betting against them, but as we have seen this team can beat and lose to anybody.  Can a team that is so inconsistent win more than one game?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: How far can BC go in the tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I say furthest they can go is Sweet 16.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
The only thing im worried about is that as the 8 seed the second game they would play(Assuming high seeds advance) is against the number 1 seed. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline BigRedDog423

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I've been to every BC game this year and it pains me to say but I'd be surprised to see them get out of the first round. The talent is there undeniably but they only person on the team who cares about basketball is Reggie Jackson.

Rakim Sanders is one of the least motivated athletes I've ever seen, and Tyrese is a spectacular player when he's on but it requires a remarkable convergence of confidence, crunch time requirements and provacation for him to play to his potential.

Though things trend up next year for a team led by Reggie. He could have a KG like influence on the team's mentality and they're one big man away from being a real contender.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I say furthest they can go is Sweet 16.

Agree, but a first round exit would not surprise me either.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I dont really follow that logic.  How can an 8 seed get to the sweet 16 but no further.  That means you beat the number 1 seed, at that point i think you would think they could  anybody left in that bracket.  Who knows maybe we can be the next george mason

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Totally depends on their draw/seeding.  I wouldn't be shocked to see "one and done" but Sweet Sixteen wouldn't totally be out of the question, either. 

I'm gonna say second round exit, although, I'd love to be wrong. 

I've been saying it all year, this team is a year away from doing some real damage.  Just making the tournament this year has exceeded my expectations.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
one win.

and I like BC, but I only see one win.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I dont really follow that logic.  How can an 8 seed get to the sweet 16 but no further.  That means you beat the number 1 seed, at that point i think you would think they could  anybody left in that bracket.  Who knows maybe we can be the next george mason

What's wrong with that logic?  They could upset the #1 seed then lose the very next game, which would very likely be against another seed higher than 8.  By your argument, if a 16 seed won their first round game they should then be expected to win the rest of the way because they beat the 1 seed, and that isn't very realistic.

And George Mason is a mid-major...it would be much less of an upset for a BCS conference team to make it to the Final Four...with rare exceptions (Davidson, Butler, etc.), the 7th or 8th best team in the ACC or Big East would be the best team in a smaller conference.

As for BC, they have been so up and down all year, which happens when you have only 2 upperclassmen on the roster.  I mean come on, you win at UNC and vs. Duke, but lose at home to Harvard???  I could see them either getting pummeled in the first round or winning 2-3 games.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
who cares?

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
This is a team that beat UNC but lost to Harvard.  They could easily beat a #1 seed and then lose the next game.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 09:21:29 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Yeah I agree, it depends on which team shows up.  You would think that the NCAA Tournament would be enough to get their attention.  I see them winning a game then scaring a one or two seed in the Second Round but falling just short.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »

Offline GaBerkowitz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
So I went to the BC-Wake game a few months back.  While Ty Rice is an undeniable talent, the guy is also about as much of a PG as I am.

I sat there with my friend wondering why they didn't get Biko Paris (all first name team BTW) and Rice in the game at the same time.  Letting Rice play off the ball always seemed to make sense to me, and it seems like Al has started to do that a little bit more.

As everyone has said, this is a team that could lose in round 1, or could surprise and make a run to the Sweet 16.  Seeing as BC perennially underachieves in the NCAA tournament (including 05 when they should have beaten Villanova, and challenged Florida IMO) I bet they lose in Round 1