Author Topic: Celtics (47-14) at Nets (26-33) 3/4  (Read 80031 times)

Re: Celtics (47-14) at Nets (26-33) 3/4
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Ray's shot looks so smooth out there. 
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
I just saw the first traveling call in the history of the NBA.

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I just saw the first traveling call in the history of the NBA.
Except they have called two earlier this game.....

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
a carry???? wow

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
now that was a crap foul.
Adjust to the way its called, don't grab and hold on screens. We're a veteran team we should be able to win and play well no matter how tight it is called.

This isn't a matter of how tight it's being called... it's a matter of how unfairly it's being called.

Honestly, this first quarter has already had like 5 terrible calls! Looks like it's gonna be another one of those games.

I wish refs would let players be physical and just call the obvious fouls. Enough of this ticky tack junk... it slows down the game, fouls out players that shouldn't be fouled out, and when you're calling ticky tack fouls there are bound to be a million ticky tack calls that you'll miss, so it's inherently unfair.

Let the game be physical, I say.
I can respect that, but you have to adjust to how the game is being called. They are calling it tight on both teams from what I can see.

Amen.  The NBA is not out to get us guys.  It's more just that the referees aren't very good.  Most of them do follow patterns though, and a team with our age and experience should be able to play off of that.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Over/under on seeing Billy:  20% chance?  10%?

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Haha I love how almost every game someone comments on how noone wants to step in front of Big Baby to take the charge.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Adjust to the way its called, don't grab and hold on screens. We're a veteran team we should be able to win and play well no matter how tight it is called.

This isn't a matter of how tight it's being called... it's a matter of how unfairly it's being called.

Honestly, this first quarter has already had like 5 terrible calls! Looks like it's gonna be another one of those games.

I wish refs would let players be physical and just call the obvious fouls. Enough of this ticky tack junk... it slows down the game, fouls out players that shouldn't be fouled out, and when you're calling ticky tack fouls there are bound to be a million ticky tack calls that you'll miss, so it's inherently unfair.

I can respect that, but you have to adjust to how the game is being called. They are calling it tight on both teams from what I can see.

Amen.  The NBA is not out to get us guys.  It's more just that the referees aren't very good.  Most of them do follow patterns though, and a team with our age and experience should be able to play off of that.
The officials aren't great but the NBA is also by far the toughest league to officiate. Too much leeway on bang bang plays for my taste. Have any of you read the excellent Truehoop series on the traveling rule?

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think they call boston closer than any other team....i think we see billy...PP needs some rest so he has it for the 4th

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45
By the way, anybody notice how the crowd was dead silent until Marbury stepped in and elicited a chorus of boos? I felt like I was watching a golf tournament

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't think the officiating has been that bad at all so far - the only really bad call I can think of is the Rondo foul, and it was understandable after Harris hit the deck like that.  Other than that it looks like they're not calling illegal screens much, which probably helps us.

Either way, we're still in the lead and are obviously the better team. 

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
i think they call boston closer than any other team....i think we see billy...PP needs some rest so he has it for the 4th
I think we also run a Pat Reilly system of defense with KG and Thibs making sure everyone buys in. Do you remember Reilly's Knickerbockers? Now they would foul a lot lol.

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
By the way, anybody notice how the crowd was dead silent until Marbury stepped in and elicited a chorus of boos? I felt like I was watching a golf tournament
Jersey is a giant parking lot, its hard to get into your team. Especially when they're trying desperately to move out of the state.

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i hope he gives them something to remember...would love to see marbury get going

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

Offline USG

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 161

Seriously? There have been some hideously bad calls against the C's so far. The Nets have maybe one thing they can possibly complain about.

The Rondo "trip" when his feet were a yard away.
A couple really questionable travel calls followed by letting Ray get beat by the "post move" on the other end.
Horrible no-call on the Carter screen.
A couple of really weak calls under the basket on Ray.