Author Topic: Lakers lose to Nuggets  (Read 4046 times)

Lakers lose to Nuggets
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:47:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Lakers lose to Nuggets
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Maybe the nuggets woke up after they played us... good news. Laker's deep bench gave them 7 points...

Become Legendary.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:36 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
The Nuggets are always a dangerous team. For whatever reason, Chauncey was awful when he played us. He's the motor of that team, much like Rondo is the motor for the Celtics. When Chauncey is off, Denver is off.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »

Offline rgreen165

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
Don't really matter honestly, I believe the playoffs/Finals will go through L.A. Since they have the tie breaker, they basically still have a 3 game lead on us, if we can just stay afloat though until KG gets back to get the number 1 seed in the East we'll be alright. I honestly think we'll be alright anyway especially seeing Marbury out there tonight. Hate to say it, I'd honestly rather see him start over Rondo, Rondo is just so scared to shoot the ball and it drives me crazy! Marbury can create his on shots unlike Rondo

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Don't really matter honestly, I believe the playoffs/Finals will go through L.A. Since they have the tie breaker, they basically still have a 3 game lead on us, if we can just stay afloat though until KG gets back to get the number 1 seed in the East we'll be alright. I honestly think we'll be alright anyway especially seeing Marbury out there tonight. Hate to say it, I'd honestly rather see him start over Rondo, Rondo is just so scared to shoot the ball and it drives me crazy! Marbury can create his on shots unlike Rondo

Crazy talk. No way Marbury is a better player than Rondo at this point in his career. He shouldn't start over Rondo. If Marbury averages 20 points and 6 assists like he use to, then maybe we'll talk.

Even then I'll start Rondo over him.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Rondo can't create his own shots? Do lay ups not count as shots? And on a starting 5 that has three hall of fame scorers, you wouldn't want the guy who can dish out 17 dimes when his shot is off running the team?

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »

Offline PJ Martinez

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
At this point in their careers, Marbury is not in Rondo's league, frankly -- though I thought he was great tonight and hope we will see more of the same in the future.

Also, the two are wildly different players -- there may be time's when Marbury's style is called for, even in very important minutes. But Rondo's place on the team is more than secure. Honestly, Rondo might be the team MVP thus far this year.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 01:03:49 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Lakers lose, but Cavs win.  So an overall "who cares" night.  We have to keep winning despite KG being unavailable for a week or two more.  That's all I'm worried about.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »

Offline DimpusBurger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Kobe: 10 of 31.  oof.

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 01:58:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Uh, who creates Rondo's shots then? You are aware that he scores double digits per game while starting with 3 superior scorers?

You also seem to ignore the far more significant point. Our defensive pressure starts with Rondo. We aren't the Suns or Golden State.

You also might not want to forget all those Rondo to KG alley-oops. Rondo knows his teammates.

I'd rather have Marbury in a Ginobili type role. His scoring mentality is great if he comes in when 2 of the big 3 (along with Rondo) go to the bench.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 02:48:23 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Uh, who creates Rondo's shots then? You are aware that he scores double digits per game while starting with 3 superior scorers?

You also seem to ignore the far more significant point. Our defensive pressure starts with Rondo. We aren't the Suns or Golden State.

You also might not want to forget all those Rondo to KG alley-oops. Rondo knows his teammates.

I'd rather have Marbury in a Ginobili type role. His scoring mentality is great if he comes in when 2 of the big 3 (along with Rondo) go to the bench.

totally agree, Steph's value to this teams is also that he could put up double doubles running the second unit, he made it run like some team's starting unit and thats what we've been missing OFFENSIVE FLOW IN THE SECOND UNIT.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:19 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Too bad the cavs caught a break playing the spurs without Duncan and Ginobli...how convinient huh?

Mikkis old team the kings beat the clippers by 12...ugh ugh ugh, yes im still annoyed by that loss.

as far as someone saying marbury should start...please tell me you're joking
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce