Author Topic: Bulls meet Obama?  (Read 1787 times)

Bulls meet Obama?
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:30:22 PM »

Offline Celts1485

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 26
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/whitehouse_090226.html

What's that all about?  I'm not trying to hate or anything, but i thought it was more of a tradition for the champions to visit the President? 

I understand that he is a Bulls fan being a "Chicagoian," I just thought it was worth mentioning and getting other's opinions. 

Also I know the tradition was started by Kennedy requesting the Celtics to visit him while he was in office.

I mean its not like anything else worth talking about is going on today....

Re: Bulls meet Obama?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/whitehouse_090226.html

What's that all about?  I'm not trying to hate or anything, but i thought it was more of a tradition for the champions to visit the President? 

I understand that he is a Bulls fan being a "Chicagoian," I just thought it was worth mentioning and getting other's opinions. 

Also I know the tradition was started by Kennedy requesting the Celtics to visit him while he was in office.

I mean its not like anything else worth talking about is going on today....

Our guys met Bush, as he was President when we won.  This year's champs (us) will be hosted by Obama.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Eh, not a big deal. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Obama's a basketball fan and he met his home town team. Not a big deal. I remember the celtics giving President Clinton a jersey a couple years back.

Become Legendary.