Author Topic: Faith No Once More  (Read 13242 times)

Re: Faith No Once More
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:53:29 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
FNM on The Tonight Show, 1992:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv9UM4zis1M

I'm soooo psyched about these news.
There must be other fans out there?!

That clip is quite honestly a little creepy. I have no idea why he would come on the Tonight Show and do that. The only decent song they had IMO is Epic which happens to be one of the better songs of all time. Definitely candidates for one-hit wonders...

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

That clip is quite honestly a little creepy. I have no idea why he would come on the Tonight Show and do that. The only decent song they had IMO is Epic which happens to be one of the better songs of all time. Definitely candidates for one-hit wonders...

Hmmm. What a silly comment.
No offense or anything.
That's all I have to say about that.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Just borrowed their (rhino) greatest hits collection from the public library. Fun stuff.

IMO, Angel Dust is one of the great, underated albums of the 90s -- just a great record from start to finsih.

If they came to Florida I'd love to see them, but Europe is a bit out of my price range.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
The only decent song they had IMO is Epic which happens to be one of the better songs of all time. Definitely candidates for one-hit wonders...

Respectfully disagree.  They've a solid body of work.  IMHO Epic isn't even their best song, and # of hits aside, these guys could flat out play.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I always hated Epic.  Sadly, I think it kept me from giving them another chance.  So, it sounds to me like all of you are saying, "Give them another chance."

I might just do that.  Thank you, bloggers.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Their version of Sabbath's "War Pigs" is ... uh... epic too. There are a lot of great songs in FNM's cannon not called "Epic".
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Their version of Sabbath's "War Pigs" is ... uh... epic too. There are a lot of great songs in FNM's cannon not called "Epic".
You ought to hear The Flaming Lips do "War Pigs".  Good stuff.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 05:59:42 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Hmmm. What a silly comment.
No offense or anything.
That's all I have to say about that.

What is silly about that comment? I didn't take offense, but here you have a guy that is a rocker/rapper with most of his stuff that comes on Leno and throws down a Lionel Ritchie slow song? The look on his face as he sang it was creepy, and he was quite pitchy throughout. Definitely not an amazing voice, so to try and pull that song off seemed very odd. I can't imagine it had new listeners thinking they wanted to run out and buy an album of theirs.

Once again. I think Epic is one of my top 25 songs of all time. It was amazing. I just think the rest was so-so... Why is that silly?

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 01:25:47 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

It was the "one hit wonder" thing
I found to be a bit silly.
I think they've made lots of "hits".
It's a difference of opinion, I guess.

(Edit: Spelling)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:24:24 AM by Amager Celtic Fan »

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 03:11:46 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

That's the beauty of music! One person can absolutely LOVE a group and others think they are horrid.

If you ask 99% of the people growing up through that stretch I bet almost every one of them has heard EPIC if you played it for them, but couldn't recognize any another song. I think that qualifies them for one hit wonders. I think VH1 even had them in their one hit wonders special, so I think it is a fair comment. The "Creepy" comment though I think was right on. That was strange...

TP though for the dialogue!

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

That's the beauty of music! One person can absolutely LOVE a group and others think they are horrid.

If you ask 99% of the people growing up through that stretch I bet almost every one of them has heard EPIC if you played it for them, but couldn't recognize any another song. I think that qualifies them for one hit wonders. I think VH1 even had them in their one hit wonders special, so I think it is a fair comment. The "Creepy" comment though I think was right on. That was strange...

Well, that wasn't even the creepiest
performance by Mike Patton, believe me!
He was weird back then. Really weird.

I'm actually glad they don't have any
other really big hits, I guess it's what
sets them apart from most mainstream acts.

TP for having the ***** to stand up to
the world's biggest FNM fan  ;) :)

If you check the link, they're on in about
twenty minutes. Should be a blast.

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Well, that wasn't even the creepiest
performance by Mike Patton, believe me!
He was weird back then. Really weird.

I'm actually glad they don't have any
other really big hits, I guess it's what
sets them apart from most mainstream acts.

TP for having the ***** to stand up to
the world's biggest FNM fan  ;) :)

If you check the link, they're on in about
twenty minutes. Should be a blast.

Very nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!  I find it funny that sometimes a band's biggest hit isn't anything close to what most of their music sounds like. It usually has a sound that isn't really repeatable in other songs.

Keep up the great posts. It's nice having something to discuss when not much "Celtic" is going on.

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Holy (word I can't say here).
They're back. Wow. Woooooow.
I hope some of you watched, too.
Beautiful show. I'm in awe. Wow.

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy (word I can't say here).
They're back. Wow. Woooooow.
I hope some of you watched, too.
Beautiful show. I'm in awe. Wow.

Thanks to your link and prodding I watched about an hour or more of that concert while I was playing around on the web. Much better than I would have guessed. Thanks for the gentle push.