Author Topic: PC upsets #1 ranked pitt  (Read 3225 times)

PC upsets #1 ranked pitt
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Great night for us Friars and a huge win.  Anybody fellow celticsbloggers go to the game?

Re: PC upsets #1 ranked pitt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Getting to #1 pretty much guarantees your going to lose the next week apparently
Yup

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Didn't go, but I am a huge fan of the college game and always like seeing a #1 seed upset.  Well done Friars!
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Didn't go and I am upset that I didn't (in boston unfortunately). The Dunk' was rockin! What a win! If they win out...which will be tough, and get one or two in the big east tourney, they should get in....right? They would be 10-7 in the toughest big east in years (and that is saying something), and have wins over Syracuse, Pitt, and Nova. Some really bad losses though, namely my own Northeastern Huskies. That one was tough to watch seeing that I grew up with the friars and go to NU. Gotta loove that March is right around the corner and that PC is playing inspired ball after the rough stretch.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Keno Davis is a very good coach, I really think this team could be a consistent top 25 team with him there in the near future.
do it

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Didn't go and I am upset that I didn't (in boston unfortunately). The Dunk' was rockin! What a win! If they win out...which will be tough, and get one or two in the big east tourney, they should get in....right? They would be 10-7 in the toughest big east in years (and that is saying something), and have wins over Syracuse, Pitt, and Nova. Some really bad losses though, namely my own Northeastern Huskies. That one was tough to watch seeing that I grew up with the friars and go to NU. Gotta loove that March is right around the corner and that PC is playing inspired ball after the rough stretch.

I know what you mean, I went to UML hockey games all the time and hated Northeastern. Now, I'm a NU alum... TP for a fellow Husky.