Author Topic: 2k9 is really ticking me off...  (Read 17176 times)

Re: 2k9 is really ticking me off...
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 09:43:07 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
any body here can give me a tip on how to shoot with pierce it looks like his release is very slowww >:(

i would take him to practice. people get locked into the animation, but pauls "great" release point isnt actually at the top of his jumper, its about 2/3rds of the way up, just as he's about to get there. thats when you should let go, and he releases at the top.

In general I find just about all the shots in 2k are a bit slow. It's pretty dumb trying to use them off the dribble since it always starts off like it was a set shot. I think they should have to versions of jumpers the one when the player is set with time, and a quicker version. We all know Pierce doesn't jump straight up when he takes a jumper off the dribble, and he gets it off pretty quickly.

Ray's previous shot in the game was identical to his real life shot when he has time and sets his feet. Maybe you could use the Modifier button to choose which shot you want to use.

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I gave up on the shotstick and started to use the x button a few weeks back and problem solved. The game gets a lot easier when you can make the open shot. JR Smith is a beast from 3 in my association I can erase 10 point deficits with relative ease. Now I'm read for 2k10.

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Good choice. I only use the stick in the post.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I love 2k, but if ever there was a game that could make me kick my Xbox through a window it's this game. I mean how hard is it to hit a freaking open jump shot?! Allen, Pierce, Durant, Nowitzki it doesn't matter who I choose it can't be done! At least not with any consistency. Do they really expect you to master every individual players jumper?

How can you play a team game if you can't make use of open players? This is why so many people opt to just ram into the lane until they get a shot they like. This works against other players, but the AI will start to pack it in, and is a very good shot blocker. Not to mention, you can't fully utilize certain players without a jump shot. What's a player like Pierce or Durant without a jump shot?

As for the AI, It is almost impossible to stay in front of if it decides to use Iso-motion. It can throw passes right into the heart of your defense  without fear of a turnover. Almost impossible to steal off the ball-handler regardless of who it is (Shaq for example).

WOOO-SAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! (me trying to calm down)

If you can't tell I just lost a game against the invincible CPU. Losing makes me a really unpleasant person to be around. Any tips? Of course there are Tommy points in it for them.

With Ray's form in that game its hard to shoot with him, because he doesn't get a very good lift. I changed Rays Jump Shooting for to Eddie House's and he shoots very well and the release is pretty quick, so it looks like his natural form. I also find that using the analog right is the more efficient and quickest way to get a shot off. ;)