Author Topic: Report: Stephon Marbury Will be a Celtic  (Read 53012 times)

Re: Report: Stephon Marbury Will be a Celtic
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
marbury will work as a celtic since he actually has a team he can work with.

star players liek marbury, pierce, except maybe garnett become grumpy and sometimes don't give it their all when they are placed in a team with less than stellar level of talent.

I see marbury's problems during his career mainly having to do with immaturity, coaches unable to communicate with him effectively etc.

I believe he wants revenge on the fans, media and ex coaches that think less of him

and i'm glad he will show his rage in a celtics uniform.

don't forget why he was signed to such a ridiculous contract in the first place. His talents were (and prob still could be) to the level of some of the nba greats today such a as kobe bryant.

Best case scenerio we will be a scary team(even scarier than last year) worst case scenerio marbury gets waived again and never plays in the nba again. Doubt that will happen

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • MASTER OF PANIC
what number will he wear?

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
i like a marbury match up against boobie gibson..jordan farmar....and if rondo struggles...gets hurt....fouls...they have a bonafide starting PG to plug in...

I know... scary. Marbury going at full speed for 15-20 minutes will torch those dudes.

15-20 of Marbury on defense against those 2 might have Cleveland and LA smiling too.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If the Stephan Marbury Experiment works, Doc Rivers should be the unanimous choice for Coach of the Year.  They've been saying that he's a great massager and manager of egos - NOW'S HIS TIME TO PROVE IT!

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
what number will he wear?

Maybe 30. He can add a star shaped "0" after the "3" and its the same # the cuz wore.

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
i like a marbury match up against boobie gibson..jordan farmar....and if rondo struggles...gets hurt....fouls...they have a bonafide starting PG to plug in...

I know... scary. Marbury going at full speed for 15-20 minutes will torch those dudes.

15-20 of Marbury on defense against those 2 might have Cleveland and LA smiling too.

If Marbury buys into a defensive concept, he could be a really strong defender. Marbury will be as good a fit here as he wants to be... We just don't know what he's going to be like yet. Hence my excitement about the possibility, and trepidation about the unknown future of this move. But make no mistake, if Stephon comes here to play basketball and win a ring, this is a second unit defender that can most definitely handle the likes of Farmar and Gibson without a problem. The question has never been the talent or athleticism, it's been between the ears.

Early reports indicate Marbury's going to wear #666...

Sorry couldn't help it  ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
something had to be done...game after game i sit here and see when the second unit comes in at the start of the 2 nd and 4th quarters leads evaporating or deficits growing larger and us fans complaining that there is no scoring off the bench....this will help PP and allen steal some minutes because marbury can score...marbury and house will be a fantastic combo off the bench. and i think marbury will defend...was there this much talk when moss came to NE? did pat fans lable him a cancer and expet him not to work? i think boston's lockerroom is strong enough for a place like him

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

You just shot down your whole argument in your post before I could. To put Stephon Marbury in the same sentence with a former Finals MVP, NBA all-time defender and "should-be" Hall of Famer is outright laughable.

Well, he's not being asked to come in and save the franchise or even start for that matter.  We're talking 7th or 8th man in all likelihood, without a long term contract commitment.  Plus you've got a successful veteran core and a proven coach in place, so I don't see there being a whole lot of risk.  You're right, you don't put him in the same sentence as DJ, except that like DJ he was deemed a headcase/bad guy.  

My point is that this has the potential to be a positive move.  He WILL make the 2nd unit better -- assuming that he wants to play and it appears that he does.

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

They can't be smiling more than when Eddie House plays D.

Marbury expected to be a Celtic, according to Sports Illustrated
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

Offline celticnorespect

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/02/24/Marbury.Knicks/index.html

So our roster is set for the postseason, we go it or not?

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

"don't forget why he was signed to such a ridiculous contract in the first place. His talents were (and prob still could be) to the level of some of the nba greats today such a as kobe bryant."

Oh my goodness, let the hyperbole begin!

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

They can't be smiling more than when Eddie House plays D.

or sam cassell....sam played ZERO defense...eddie is scrappy but has a hard time with on the ball defending...

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
i absolutely love this! We have a great drive and dish guy now were Eddie can be himself Tony can drive still! This is going to be a fun rest of the year.

This is why the 2nd unit will be better. Hopefully this will end the days of leads decreasing in the 2nd quarter.

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
something had to be done...game after game i sit here and see when the second unit comes in at the start of the 2 nd and 4th quarters leads evaporating or deficits growing larger and us fans complaining that there is no scoring off the bench....this will help PP and allen steal some minutes because marbury can score...marbury and house will be a fantastic combo off the bench. and i think marbury will defend...was there this much talk when moss came to NE? did pat fans lable him a cancer and expet him not to work? i think boston's lockerroom is strong enough for a place like him

Seriously, I cant believe some people want this team to stand pat. The bench is pathetic. On their bast day they barely hold leads, barely. Usually opponents get going against our second team and then get the confidence to keep rolling when our starters come back. The team needs to roll the dice and add some talent.

If Marbury doesn't work out, we cut him and role with Pruitt and House. No problem.