Author Topic: Look for me on Sunday!  (Read 4267 times)

Look for me on Sunday!
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:21:32 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I'll be sitting 6 rows up from the press row, about 5 seats towards the Sun's bench.  Not sure how well the C's will be represented in those close season ticket seats (probably pretty well, as usual) but the off chance that they show some camera angles of behind the commentators, I'll be the white guy wearing a green KG #5 jersey, glasses, and a white TWolves hat with scribbles on it (Mark Madsen autograph, thank you very much).  Planning to make a small "Get Well Soon KG" sign as well.

Hopefully I'll get some TV time!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Look for me on Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:25:48 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'll look for you, BT.
Enjoy the game and here's to a W!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 01:36:32 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'll look for you, BT.

Yep, same here.  I'm sure it's going to be tough to make the trip with KG back across the country, but here's to a fantastic experience for you in spite of that, BT.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:47:54 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
I'll look for you, BT.

Yep, same here.  I'm sure it's going to be tough to make the trip with KG back across the country, but here's to a fantastic experience for you in spite of that, BT.

-sw

Thanks Steve, already here in Phoenix (took in the Thunder - Sun's game on Friday) so the trip isn't a worry.  Had I known KG would be out... well, probably would've still made the trip because I'm getting to catch up with one of my best friend's growing up... but yeah, would've been tougher to fork over the plane and hotel fare...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 03:49:24 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Have a great time BT. I'll keep an eye out for your sign haha. Get some sweet photos!

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 04:39:10 AM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Have a great time, from experience with the ticket people at various cities out west I can tell you that if you push them a little they will hook it up.  Just give them the impression that you are willing to spend a lot of money and they will bring you anywhere you want to go, especially a Sarver owned team, that dude needs money.  Imagine if that squad didnt sell rudy, nate, and rondo...

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Enjoy yourself!  Hopefully your presence inspires Scal to do his best KG impression. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Guess I underestimated the amount of green that would be all through the stands... doubt anyone would've known it was me. 

Anyways... got a lot of pictures... anybody have a recommendation for an easy website to upload and share them all?

Coolest part of the game, other than the Celtics win, was seeing Larry Fitzgerald sitting courtside.  By far the loudest roar I heard from either game I went to there was when they showed him on the jumbotron.  And I gained even more respect.... watched him on and off throughout the game and noticed two things - he was very cordial to the continuous line of people coming up to him, and he seemed legitimately interested in the game... when the 2nd half started there were maybe 4 out of the 40 courtside seats occupied.  Larry was one of them, sitting and ready to watch the game.  Most of those "fans" sauntered back with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd, only to leave about 20 minutes later when the rout was on.