Author Topic: Get Bonzi or Give Walker Some Minutes!  (Read 11334 times)

Re: Get Bonzi or Give Walker Some Minutes!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I think Pierce desperately needs a backup.  He looked gassed the last game and couldn't get it done in the 4th quarter. Jumpshot after jumpshot...he was even too tired to drive!  The Celtics need to either give Walker(not Antoine!) some minutes to see if he's going to be able to give the team some quality minutes or get Bonzi or someone else in here to spell Pierce. Even when Tony comes back, I don't think he can get the job done adequately.

We might need to cut another player though, because we still need a big and a point guard.  Too bad Danny wasn't able to trade Giddens to open up a third roster spot.

Even if Walker gets minutes, I'd still rather have Bonzi for the playoffs.

I think Big and PG are still the greater needs, which is why I would prefer Bobby Jackson (if bought out) over Bonzi. 
And I really think Joe Smith can help the Cs right now.

How so? Particularly the PG as a greater need? We have 3 point-guards in the roster, all of them serviceable, but not a single backup wing except the rookies (or the option to play a 2guard front or Scal as a SF).

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'd welcome a Bonzi Wells signing. Good player, fills a need, an is a decent fit.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They need someone who can play the SF/SG spot off the bench, especially with KG out and Scali having to spend more time at PF.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think Pierce desperately needs a backup.  He looked gassed the last game and couldn't get it done in the 4th quarter. Jumpshot after jumpshot...he was even too tired to drive!  The Celtics need to either give Walker(not Antoine!) some minutes to see if he's going to be able to give the team some quality minutes or get Bonzi or someone else in here to spell Pierce. Even when Tony comes back, I don't think he can get the job done adequately.

We might need to cut another player though, because we still need a big and a point guard.  Too bad Danny wasn't able to trade Giddens to open up a third roster spot.

Even if Walker gets minutes, I'd still rather have Bonzi for the playoffs.

I think Big and PG are still the greater needs, which is why I would prefer Bobby Jackson (if bought out) over Bonzi. 
And I really think Joe Smith can help the Cs right now.

How so? Particularly the PG as a greater need? We have 3 point-guards in the roster, all of them serviceable, but not a single backup wing except the rookies (or the option to play a 2guard front or Scal as a SF).

Gabe Pruitt and Eddie House are not serviceable Point guards, and this team is a joke without rondo on the court, that being said a backup wing is needed as well
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
James Posey would really help at this point of the season.  :'(
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 11:37:48 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Nocioni, too.  :P

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Injuries being what they are, I'm kinda glad we don't have 6 players on our roster. ;)

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Injuries being what they are, I'm kinda glad we don't have 6 players on our roster. ;)

Wow, Roy Hobbs just got served!

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Bill Walker will get some run in the near future...both Pierce and Ainge have intimated that the wings need not be burned out going into the playoffs and Doc has said as much too...

The team has been working heavily with Walker and i believe with KG out and the workload shifting to Ray, Paul, and Rondo that the team will start finding 10-15 minutes to get these guys off the court...

Scal will get some SF minutes, but Walker is next in line...

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Bill Walker will get some run in the near future...both Pierce and Ainge have intimated that the wings need not be burned out going into the playoffs and Doc has said as much too...

The team has been working heavily with Walker and i believe with KG out and the workload shifting to Ray, Paul, and Rondo that the team will start finding 10-15 minutes to get these guys off the court...

Scal will get some SF minutes, but Walker is next in line...

I think Scali was going to get SF minutes until KG went out. 

Now, I expect him to start at PF.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Um, yeah, something like that.

What was the reported deal by Hollinger?  I think it was Allen, Scalabrine, Giddens and O'Bryant.

Allen isn't playing.  Scalabrine isn't playing (or not much).  Giddens isn't playing.  And O'Bryant isn't on the roster.

So, yeah, it sure would have been terrible trading Scal for Nocioni.  I don't know what we would have done had that trade gone through, especially with an open roster spot to add Moore immediately while also having room to address other holes.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

What was the reported deal by Hollinger?  I think it was Allen, Scalabrine, Giddens and O'Bryant.

Allen isn't playing.  Scalabrine isn't playing (or not much).  Giddens isn't playing.  And O'Bryant isn't on the roster.

So, yeah, it sure would have been terrible trading Scal for Nocioni.  I don't know what we would have done had that trade gone through, especially with an open roster spot to add Moore immediately while also having room to address other holes.

No I agree. I would have done that rumored deal too. The Roy Hobbs just got served bit was really just my attempt at some slapstick comedy.

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »

Offline Vineet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
I like Bonzi's game.  Maybe not his attitude.

He's a 6-5 shooting gaurd with scoring punch.  He'd be an instant credible offensive threat on the team and really change the dynamics of the 2nd team. His slashing and inside scoring would really help. He's also thick and strong, so he could probably even handle a power forward in a pinch.

I think he might also allow us to go small, with a crunch time line up of Rondo, Ray, Bonzi, Pierce, and KG. 

I've like Bonzi's game for a long time.  If he's committed, I think he could be a huge pickup.  His attitude should be viewed similarly to Starburys.  At worst, he's been huge on playoff teams before (Portland and Sac).

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

No I agree. I would have done that rumored deal too. The Roy Hobbs just got served bit was really just my attempt at some slapstick comedy.

LOL, what did we learn?

Roy Hobbs doesn't get served he serves.

I'm kind of itching to see a Roy Hobbs/Chuck Norris thread LOL.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
He definitely can still play. He might be a cancer in the locker room, though. Didn't he quit the team because he got into it with his coach? But I'm willing to take a chance on signing this guy if he does become available.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6