Author Topic: C's interested in Moore. KG out 2-3 weeks.  (Read 5054 times)

C's interested in Moore. KG out 2-3 weeks.
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:26:51 AM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Courtesy of Steve Bullpett and the Herald Insider, we have learned that Garnett was examined Friday night upon arrival in Boston. His injury is a strained post interior ligament and not considered serious. Moore has been nspoken to but he is not our #1 player on our list.

Re: C's interested in Moore. KG out 2-3 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:29:28 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Do you have a link?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:38 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
The link is the Boston Herald, Celtics Insider. I correct myself as well. Bulpett said that the injury is a posterior muscle strain. That is much better than the original ligament injury I reported. I apologize for the misinformation.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:41:51 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
This is good news. I feared the injury was more severe. Let KG rest his knee in these 2-3 weeks and let someone else step up in the meantime.

KG, rest those knees!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:55 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Kevin Garnett will be out 2-3 weeks after being diagnosed with a posterior muscle strain of the right knee late last night.

According to Danny Ainge, the injury is not considered serious. The Celtics [team stats] simply are taking a cautious approach with a player who pushes his limits.

Garnett initially was scheduled to be examined this afternoon, but he was instead checked when he landed in Boston last evening.

Ainge said the initial decision to have him leave the Celtics road trip was designed to protect Garnett from Garnett.

“The biggest reason we’re sending him out of town is that he wanted to play in the second half (Thursday) night,” Ainge said. “And he wanted to play against Phoenix (tomorrow), too. So we just decided the smart thing to do was to get his butt out of town to keep him from being tempted to play.

“I don’t think it’s a major thing at all, but we’re just going to be cautious . . .”

That is probably wise, considering this is not Garnett’s first incident with that knee. There were problems before Garnett went up for a Paul Pierce [stats] lob against the Jazz on Thursday.

“It’s been off and on,” Ainge said. “He said he tweaked it in Dallas (on Feb. 12) a little bit, too.

“He’s been playing through it and he wanted to do that again. But, again, we have no reason to believe this is major. He’d have been out there playing no matter what in a playoff game. We’re just being cautious with him.”

Link: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?&articleid=1153640&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
He'll be missed, but I'm relieved. It could be much worse.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 06:28:14 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
time for the other big three to step up...AKA the three bigs.

also THANK GOD that Moore isn't our number one choice, becuase i'm not sure how much of an upgrade over POB he is.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 06:53:48 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:39:06 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
For anyone interested:

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/posteriorcruciate.htm

Well, is his condition a muscle strain or a PCL tear after all? If the second, then it may be way more serious than they're saying. Even if it's a very mild tear there's no guarantee that surgery is not needed and that it doesn't develop into a chronic condition. PCL tears are very hard to treat.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 07:50:08 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
time for the other big three to step up...AKA the three bigs.

also THANK GOD that Moore isn't our number one choice, becuase i'm not sure how much of an upgrade over POB he is.

hmm, Mikki Moore is better than our 3 "bigs" and certainly an upgrade over POB, I know you seem to gravitate towards our scrubs and try to make them out to be great but, scal, leon, and BBD are way below average players, and terrible 'bigs'

Thank god KG isnt seriously hurt and will be back in a few weeks....PHEWWWWWW, in the meantime we need something to fall in our laps so the fat tub of goos and leon arent playing too much, my head might explode
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i find it funny how boston got him out of town away from the team for these last few games on the roadie

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

[/quote]

hmm, Mikki Moore is better than our 3 "bigs" and certainly an upgrade over POB, I know you seem to gravitate towards our scrubs and try to make them out to be great but, scal, leon, and BBD are way below average players, and terrible 'bigs'

Thank god KG isnt seriously hurt and will be back in a few weeks....PHEWWWWWW, in the meantime we need something to fall in our laps so the fat tub of goos and leon arent playing too much, my head might explode
[/quote]

I don't know what you expect from bigs off the bench, but Powe's 6.5 pts on 50% shooting, and 4.3 boards in under 16 min a game, wouldn't qualify the guy for "way below average". Although I like him better than BBD, BBD's 4.7 pts and 3.5 boards in 17.6 min pg aren't shabby either. His 40% fg shooting sucks, but those aren't terrible numbers at all. Scal averages 3.2 pg and shoots 38% from 3 point land along with some very good team defense and helps the flow of that second unit. If Powe and BBD were 4-5 inches taller no one would say anything negative at all about their stats. We should actually be even MORE impressed due to them putting those numbers down at their sizes.

Here's a stat for you:

Powe is 11th in the ENTIRE LEAGUE at the PF spot in Rebounds per 48 minutes including starters! Definitely not Way Below Average...

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'll take Powe over Mikki Moore any day. Hell, I'll take Mikki Olowakandi over Mikki Moore.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:21:22 AM by perks-a-beast »

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'll take Powe over Mikki Moore any day. Hell, I'll take Michael Olowakandi over Mikki Moore.

Mikki Moore is a good player in the right system. There is a reason Sacramento gave him that big contract after Moore played in a system with Jason Kidd. The guy is a high energy guy that runs the floor very well for a big man. If signed, he will very easily become a fan favorite.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird