Author Topic: Blessing in Disguise?  (Read 4041 times)

Re: Blessing in Disguise?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Actually, when you see a guy like KG come up limping and calling for the bench it's no blessing, a guy like him can play through alot. I was saying in my post that if it was only a 3-5 week recovery, there could possibly be some very nice results from that stretch in regards to the other players. 

I do always see the glass half full. What's the other option, stick our heads in the sand? That is never an option. So, now what?

Well...I just think that...

1. KG will have a nice break and come back very, very hungry...and rested.

2. With TA being out, Pruitt should get alot of burn. I personally think that the combo of he and Rondo could do some real damage defensively against some point guards during the playoffs on the defensive end. Now Pruit, because TA is out, will be thrown into the fire. It's a great opportunity. If he gets some good confidence over this stretch he could end up playign soem great D for us and being a suprise scorer on spot ups as well.

3. Baby and Powe have huge pressure as well now. They need to produce..big time as we are in a race for Homecourt.

4. Scal is Scal. He's a Vet, he's going to do what he does.

I'm just saying that sometimes when the pressure is applied like a Vice grip to you ( like during the stretch run of the season when you're in a pennant race with your arch rival and your biggest gun is down)you see what people are made of, how much they're gonna give. How much blood and sweat they're willing to leave on the floor.

We know this about Paul, about Ray, about Eddie, about Scal.

How about Baby, Powe and Pruitt? What do they have?

If they use these next 10-15 games, with their feet to the fire and they grow in the process, we become a better team come playoffs.

We may lose homecourt but that is not a given and it may well depend on how much these  young guys bring over the next 15 games.

If we bring in Smith and Marbury, it changes stuff a little.

But I think we can still win it even without homecourt.