Author Topic: C's still have options in Free Agency  (Read 5834 times)

C's still have options in Free Agency
« on: February 20, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
http://www.examiner.com/x-1701-Boston-Sports-Examiner~y2009m2d20-The-Celtics-still-have-options-in-free-agency

I wouldn't mind having Bonzi help out off the bench....(Toine notwitstanding....lol)

Re: C's still have options in Free Agency
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Bonzi is the only guy on that list i think is worth pursuing. He'd be a great guy to have in the playoffs. I've always liked his game. He is a tenacious defender so he can guard kobe or LeBron. Also, he played in China for a couple of months so at least we'd know his game isnt too rusty.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I want Bonzi.  I think Smith is the slightly better performer but Mikki Moore is 7 ft and I think that negates what small advantage Smith has in school.  Bonzi plays 3 positions and can guard Kobe/Lebron some.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 05:26:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Oh god...I just had a legit flash of "ooooooooo Antoine Walker...wouldn't that be cool?"  It passed quickly, but it was there. 
Yup

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Oh god...I just had a legit flash of "ooooooooo Antoine Walker...wouldn't that be cool?"  It passed quickly, but it was there. 

Isn't there a treatment for that now?

I'd like to see Smith, particularly with KG out and Wells so Pierce has a back-up (since Doc won't play my boy Walker).

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
My preferences, in order:
Joe Smith, Bobby Jackson, Bonzi Wells, Mikki Moore, Starbury.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
We really need to get Bonzi.  Pierce really needs a backup.  He was gassed in that game last night, that's why he was so terrible.

Say we get Bonzi, what do we do with the other spot.  Do we sign Joe Smith or Marbury?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
The thing that we need the most is a legitament scorer off the bench. LA has Odom, Cleveland has Gibson/Sczcerbiak, Detroit has Hamilton, and San Antonio has Ginobli. This is why we need Starbury. We dont really have a big time scorer off the bench (no offense to Eddie)

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
The thing that we need the most is a legitament scorer off the bench. LA has Odom, Cleveland has Gibson/Sczcerbiak, Detroit has Hamilton, and San Antonio has Ginobli. This is why we need Starbury. We dont really have a big time scorer off the bench (no offense to Eddie)

Not sure if you're responding to me or not, but I want Bonzi as a backup for Pierce, not because he's a great offensive talent.  Pierce said he wants help to give him and Ray a rest.  It's obvious that he's getting burnt out, at least in last night's game.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
We really need to get Bonzi.  Pierce really needs a backup.  He was gassed in that game last night, that's why he was so terrible.

Say we get Bonzi, what do we do with the other spot.  Do we sign Joe Smith or Marbury?

You are right about PP needing a backup.  The reason I rank Bobby J over Bonzi is that I am sick of watching Eddie House bring the ball up the floor.  With Jackson at point, Doc will move Eddie over to SG on a more permanent basis.  But I do agree that Bonzi brings the defense, offense, and breather for Pierce that would be nice. 

I rank Joe Smith at the top of my list, though.  I really think the Cs are suffering with Powe and BBD -- don't get me wrong, I really like both guys, so it pains me to say it.  But I wouldn't be surprised if neither is back in the offseason.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
and it doesnt help that only one of them shows up in a game. cmon bbd and powe, whay cant you two play well in the same game  >:(

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Bonzi plays 3 positions and can guard Kobe/Lebron some.

He can TRY.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
I am not sure Bonzi Wells of today is at al similar to the original player, Bonzi Wells. He bounced around and was let go in severall towns. Not wanted Bonzi is a cancer in the locker room as well as a ball hog. I am not a fan of his at all.
Then again I could be wrong. I would puke if Anyoine Walker ever was resigned here. Ivote for Brown and Marbury. At least they can still play. Bonzi and all the others are dubious contributors. Maybe Bobby Jackson or Jerry Stackhouse who also is available.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I would puke if Anyoine Walker ever was resigned here.

Would love to see THAT!   ::)

(I meant the puking part....not)

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
I live in Houston now, and Bonzi to the Rockets in 2006 was a disaster.
He lived in Jeff Van Gundy's dog house, he would not play him.  At one point Van Gundy said he was not in game shape and would not play until he got him self in shape.  I haven't paid attention to his stats this year, but I am not sure he is the answer.