Author Topic: Celtics in Financial Trouble?  (Read 4761 times)

Re: Celtics in Financial Trouble?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm in a tough spot and don't know if I'll renew my seasons for next year. Worried about my job stability and that decent sized bill every month could be awful. I don't see a bright side to this economic situation. No light at the end of the tunnel for a few years at least. I've done some studying around and I think Dow could go to lower than 3k in this year. Can't commit a lot of money to entertainment when food could be an issue.
This is an important point. I will renew my season tickets, but many current season ticket holders might be worried about their jobs.

Another point, the Celtics don't change season ticket prices -- they change ticket prices! If they raise season ticket prices, that means they raised all ticket prices. Considering they can't sell out the boxes the year after winning a championship, they might be concerned about ticket sales for next year, as well as PR.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i know wyc recruited if u like a big ownership group, and they have alot of income fixed, tv contracts, espn, abc, tnt, nesn etc, and they would have other sources that are fixed too. Also i think have renegotiated the lease with the guy that own the bruins and the garden, i'm sure they could renegotiate again, as he'll be motivated to make sure that his long term lease holder can survive. I mean unless disney (they own espn, abc) goes under which i doubt, think the c's are pretty safe, although they may need to cut back.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:21:09 PM by goCeltics »

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 12:51:33 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I'm sure I don't know how Wyc's other businesses are doing. But he understands that the current window of opportunity with PGA is through next year at best if they cannot reload for the post PGA era and the transition to the Rajon Rondo era. The good news in all this is that a lot of owners are going to apply the Ga$ton doctrine of cutting costs even if it screws your teams chances of being competitive. I predict that at least 4 teams will fold in the next three years and that the top teams will pick up the best talent from those teams and get even stronger.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.