Author Topic: KG Flying to Boston for MRI  (Read 21060 times)

Re: KG Flying to Boston for MRI
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Stephen A Smith said it was a 1-4 week injury...this is what he was told from people inside the Celtics. said the team doesn't care about seeding and just want KG to be as close to 100 percent for the playoffs. said they are prepared for him to sit out as long as it takes before the playoffs.

so...Danny...go get joe smith and bobby jackson and lets go

What can Stephen A Smith possibly know?  Until the results of the MRI are out everything is speculation.
Yup

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Stephen A Smith said it was a 1-4 week injury...this is what he was told from people inside the Celtics. said the team doesn't care about seeding and just want KG to be as close to 100 percent for the playoffs. said they are prepared for him to sit out as long as it takes before the playoffs.

What can Stephen A Smith possibly know?  Until the results of the MRI are out everything is speculation.
Smith probably just has a gut feeling. He'll say anything.

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2009, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

Smith probably just has a gut feeling. He'll say anything.

he'll scream anything...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
that was my first thought...who knows maybe he talked to someone...i am hoping the MRI confirms it.

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
or perhaps it requires season-ending surgery.   If it's been bothering him for a couple weeks... that's a bad sign, imo

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
or perhaps it requires season-ending surgery.   If it's been bothering him for a couple weeks... that's a bad sign, imo

Yeah, I thought that quote by Ainge was kind of lost in the shuffle. It's good in one way, like it wasn't a sudden tear of some sort. Then again, maybe it's been moving toward a tear and last night just finished it off. Man, I really hope not. Something tells me he'll be back before the playoffs, but I agree with the take no precautions approach. They'll probably lose home court to Cleveland, and that's important, but I think we'd all agree a healthy KG is far more important to this team in the playoffs than home court advantage without him.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2009, 03:15:35 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
they don't know what it is until the MRI...strain is just a generic term to keep the media and fans at bay

Yeah, unfortunately this is true.  Bynum's injury was originally called a "right knee strain".  Ugh.

That's true, but Bynum didn't exactly come out at half time, dribble the ball around, and then walk off under his own power either.  I don't see the comparison...

Tom Brady, then.  He walked off the field under his own power, right?  The point is, nobody knows anything until an MRI is done. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Jon Barry just reported on ESPN that he heard "it's gonna be a month" before KG returns. :(
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Jon Barry just reported on ESPN that he heard "it's gonna be a month" before KG returns. :(

Beautiful.  I guess it's not the worst case...  but it's not good.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Based on what? What is wrong with his knee?

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
It is really annoying that ESPN is throwing around numbers based on very little that I can see. Argh. If you don't have the information to back it up such as what is wrong with the knee it is not worth reporting.

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if it is a month so be it. now danny..got to get joe smith/mikki moore and another free agent and lets gets as many wins as you can in the next month

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
It is really annoying that ESPN is throwing around numbers based on very little that I can see. Argh. If you don't have the information to back it up such as what is wrong with the knee it is not worth reporting.

The WWL throwing around made up stuff to try to generate panic and viewership at the expense of news?

I, for one, am shocked.  ::)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2009, 04:44:26 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i certainly will take a 4-2 record on this trip. i think boston beats phoenix and the clippers and might lose to the nuggets...when can we expect guys to be bought out?

listening to Jackie Mac's latest update she said they might be able to expect him back on the court by the indiana game. BTW heard bucher on the way home and he said it isn't that serious but boston is going to be very careful.