Author Topic: Mikki Moore to be bought out (rumor)  (Read 20152 times)

Re: Mikki Moore to be bought out (rumor)
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i respect the hell out of mikki moore. i think he plays pretty hard,at least in the few games i've seen him. but i'm not crazy about him as a player. if it's him or nothing and we have a spot to use i'd grab him. i would never drop a guy like pruitt to get him though.

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Moore just strikes me as an older, slightly longer Leon Powe at this point in his career.  I don't see what he'd bring to the table that we don't already have other than another big off the bench.

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Hey Mikki your so fine
you blow my mind
Hey Mikki
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Moore just strikes me as an older, slightly longer Leon Powe at this point in his career.  I don't see what he'd bring to the table that we don't already have other than another big off the bench.

Well, he's a legitimate 7-footer.  He may or may not be a better player than Powe/BBD, but the elite teams pretty much all have a size advantage on us down low.

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
From Chris Sheridan:

On a related note, one very, very interesting thing to watch for is a possible bidding war for Mikki Moore, who Marc Stein is reporting will be waived by the Kings to clear room for Will Solomon in the three-way deal. Cleveland has a big slice of its midlevel exception, and the Cavs would be willing to throw a sizeable chunk of it at Joe Smith if he is bought out by Oklahoma City. Whether or not they like Mikki Moore, well, I expect a reading on that from Brian Windhorst within the hour.

UPDATE (6:50 p.m. ET): In the potential bidding war for Moore, Cleveland has $5.135 million of its mid-level exception left, and Boston has $2.392 million of its mid-level remaining. I'm told the Cavs, like ESPN's Ric Bucher, are of the belief that Moore is going to wind up in Boston.

The Rockets could also get in the hunt for an extra big man, or for a veteran point guard now that they've handed the keys to Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. They have $1.568 million of their mid-level remaining, but I have to consult one of my cap magicians before I can tell you how close they stand to the luxury tax threshold following today's three-way trade with Memphis and Orlando. Portland also has its full mid-level exception ($5.585 million) and San Antonio has $2.085 million of its mid-level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-090218

Interesting.  So Smith could wind up in Cleveland, with Moore coming here.  I don't like that idea very much.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
From Chris Sheridan:

On a related note, one very, very interesting thing to watch for is a possible bidding war for Mikki Moore, who Marc Stein is reporting will be waived by the Kings to clear room for Will Solomon in the three-way deal. Cleveland has a big slice of its midlevel exception, and the Cavs would be willing to throw a sizeable chunk of it at Joe Smith if he is bought out by Oklahoma City. Whether or not they like Mikki Moore, well, I expect a reading on that from Brian Windhorst within the hour.

UPDATE (6:50 p.m. ET): In the potential bidding war for Moore, Cleveland has $5.135 million of its mid-level exception left, and Boston has $2.392 million of its mid-level remaining. I'm told the Cavs, like ESPN's Ric Bucher, are of the belief that Moore is going to wind up in Boston.

The Rockets could also get in the hunt for an extra big man, or for a veteran point guard now that they've handed the keys to Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. They have $1.568 million of their mid-level remaining, but I have to consult one of my cap magicians before I can tell you how close they stand to the luxury tax threshold following today's three-way trade with Memphis and Orlando. Portland also has its full mid-level exception ($5.585 million) and San Antonio has $2.085 million of its mid-level.

Interesting.  So Smith could wind up in Cleveland, with Moore coming here.  I don't like that idea very much.

Was coming here to post that blurb.

Funny though, reading that closely, is that Cleveland (and Bucher) expects Moore to go to Boston. Perhaps that kind of assumption could cost the Cavaliers. If KG and others make a more concerted attempt to woo Smith, he may choose to come to Beantown.

Have to believe whoever lands Smith will be the favorite to win the East.

P.S. Was it Tony, or Eddie, who took up some of our MLE? Ammunition for Ainge's detractors: that resigning could potentially cost the Celtics a shot at Smith. Discuss.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:11:30 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

From Chris Sheridan:

A bidding war for Mikki Moore????

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1111!!!!1!11!

RiiIIiiiiiight.

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

P.S. Was it Tony, or Eddie, who took up some of our MLE? Ammunition for Ainge's detractors: that resigning could potentially cost the Celtics a shot at Smith. Discuss.

Eddie.  We had Tony's Bird rights.  Eddie signed for slightly more than we could offer using the non-Bird exception, although one wonders whether, if push had come to shove, Eddie would have taken slightly less.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA, etc... so on and so forth...

Some trade deadline.  I was told to expect a FLURRY of trades... economic disaster leading teams to collapse onto themselves... Vince Carter getting sent away for hugs, Amare on the move for pats on the back... Chris Bosh hightailing it out of Canada for thankyou notes... An armageddon of trade insanity with buyouts galore... buyouts left and right... entire teams... bought out...

Instead we get Rafer Alston getting traded... and a BIDDING WAR for Mikki Moore!!!!... Muahahahahaha....

Meh...

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2009, 07:38:54 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
c's lets assume 25 games left and around 2.3 million of the MLE left, so max they'll be able to offer 25/82 * 2.3 = ~700k for the rest of the season

cav's have say 28 games left and the full MLE which was ~ 5.5 million, so max they can offer 28/82 * 5.5 = 1.8 million for the rest of the season

now mind you we can offer more money, in terms of a second season (so can the cav's ofcourse), but our bench wouldn't be as crowded, so he may see a better oppurtunty here, also lets hope, Doc, PP, KG are pretty good recruiters.

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Sign both of them I say!

What do we need six big men (plus Scal) for, though?  Especially when we're hurting at guard?

Just so we dont see joe smith or mikki moore wind up at the cavs.  ;)

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Mikki Moore looks like Coolio.

PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
oklahoma city needs to get off their butts and decide on joe smith...smith should be target #1 with moore second

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
@bigalthefuture: not really dude...
God bless and good night!

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

Offline ConlonLives

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Even more surprising than the negativity surrounding a near 7-footer who can hit the 15-18 ft. jumper with relative consistency, rebounds well, and shoots at a high-percentage (*cough* BBD,) is that someone referred to Mandy Moore as fugly.