Author Topic: Nate Robinson to Sacramento (unconfirmed)  (Read 3040 times)

Nate Robinson to Sacramento (unconfirmed)
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
can't find a link but included dropping Jeffries contract, i actually have no clue who is on the Kings right now.

Knicks dropping contracts for 2010...

Re: Nate Robinson to Sacramento (unconfirmed)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
wow, if you had asked me "who are the two knicks that wont be part of a cost cut for 2010" it would have been Lee and Nate.

Surpised they'd want to move nate out of the SSOL offense, he was born to play in it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
This is how the Knicks repay Krypto-Nate for "bringing the (dunk contest) championship back to New York"?

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Talks are dead.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
They didn't do it.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I feel like every trading deadline for the past few years the Knicks make lateral moves that don't help them or hurt them. This will probably be another one of those moves.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Idiotic non-move from the Knicks if they pulled out of that trade. That would have been a massive win for them.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I don't know if it would have helped the Knicks or not, all I know is that I hate the Knicks and hope they suck forever.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I too hate the Knicks but not as much as I used to. I live in New York and watch them from time to time, they are actually a pretty fun team to watch. For the life of me I do not understand why every trade rumor they were involved in included David Lee and Nate Robinson, the two of them are their best players., I read an article recently that many people in the Knicks management had thought that Lee had hit his ceiling and this is as good as he will ever be. Well 16 points and 12 rebounds a game is a pretty good ceiling, he isn't a superstar, but he doesn't need to be. If they have any sense they will hold onto Nate, Lee, and Duhon for a long time.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I too hate the Knicks but not as much as I used to. I live in New York and watch them from time to time, they are actually a pretty fun team to watch. For the life of me I do not understand why every trade rumor they were involved in included David Lee and Nate Robinson, the two of them are their best players., I read an article recently that many people in the Knicks management had thought that Lee had hit his ceiling and this is as good as he will ever be. Well 16 points and 12 rebounds a game is a pretty good ceiling, he isn't a superstar, but he doesn't need to be. If they have any sense they will hold onto Nate, Lee, and Duhon for a long time.

Get a scoring wing and a big in there and I like the system.  I mean, when the Knicks are luring free agents in 2010 with a core of Nate, Lee, Duhon, and possibly another pretty strong player or two, that's enticing to those big free agents. Think of it as marinating these guys in the 7 second system for a couple years until the team actually comes together in 2010.  Imagine the stats guys like Wade and LeBron could put up on the Knicks now? And if they have the cap space to get two of the big stars forget about it.  I really like how the Knicks are positioned, they just need to be smart until 2010.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
D'Antoni is a great offensive coach, the best in the NBA IMO.