Author Topic: Rumor: Joe Smith to Cleveland? CNNSI  (Read 3904 times)

Rumor: Joe Smith to Cleveland? CNNSI
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
League sources were emphatic that the Cavaliers would be unable to pry Antawn Jamison from the Washington Wizards. This led to speculation that Cleveland may consider moving Wally Szczerbiak's expiring deal to Oklahoma City for the expiring contracts of big men Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, which would have the dual effect of blunting efforts of the Boston Celtics to acquire Smith in a potential buyout after the trading deadline.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:34:10 PM by Roy Hobbs »
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

Re: Joe Smith to Cleveland? CNNSI
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
This was just discussed in another post.  Can;t happen.  Cavs can't acquire Smith since they traded him

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
This was just discussed in another post.  Can;t happen.  Cavs can't acquire Smith since they traded him

thanks on both accounts.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

thanks on both accounts.

My heart stopped for a minute.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

between this and chad ford's dumb outlook on things, its nice to know that natinal media types can't even get thier facts stright enough to know if a deal they want to hype as a "rumor sources" have floated to them is legal.

It must be fun to be a beat guy near the trade deadline, im convinced they just make stuff up for 80% of there "sources say x is being discussed" storys.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Rumor: Joe Smith to Cleveland? CNNSI
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Seriously, some of these writers just throw anything out there.  Ridiculous

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Haha.  Since I had the same idea, I can't fault them for coming up with it.  I can, however, blame them for reporting something that can't happen.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

thanks on both accounts.

Why? Joe smith was there last year, and why are so many celtics fans gonna live/die with whether or not we get Joe Smith? honestly he wouldnt make that much a difference either way
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Rumor: sources are reporting that the hornets are looking to trade chris paul to the bulls for derrick rose, who will then be traded from NO with david west for lebron james.

See, that was fun. mine is not only completly retarded and illegal, it took me only 10 seconds to come up with it! sign me up ESPN, i can totaly make up better rumors than these guys.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

thanks on both accounts.

Why? Joe smith was there last year, and why are so many celtics fans gonna live/die with whether or not we get Joe Smith? honestly he wouldnt make that much a difference either way

It's not living and dying... Think of a Cavs roster with O'Neal (for Pavlovic and Wallace) and Smith offensive plus and Wilcox defensive/rebounding plus for Wally who isnt even really playing anyway. Think the Cavs wouldn't look a whole lot better with Shaq, Smith, and Wilcox in the fold while giving up Pavlovic, Wallace, and Wally? Keeping Z, Delonte, and the rest of the actual contributors? I sure do. 
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

thanks on both accounts.

Well, since last season the Cavs would have added Williams, without losing anybody (if Smith should be added to the team).  We'd have lost Posey, P.J., Cassell, and Tony.  Since the series came down to the final minutes, I think an argument could be made that the Cavs closed the gap on us if we don't further upgrade.  Smith is a great option.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4

Haha.  Since I had the same idea, I can't fault them for coming up with it.  I can, however, blame them for reporting something that can't happen.

I think that someone was on this web-site and saw what you posted, then decided that would be a good rumor.  That's just a little too coincidental.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wilcox just got traded to the Knicks