Author Topic: Mar's effect on the Defense....  (Read 4190 times)

Re: Mar's effect on the Defense....
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

Defensive effort is the big thing with Marbury. He's been inconsistent throughout his career with it, and has had poor spells, decent spells, and solid spells defensively as a result. I think it's impossible to tell which one would show up in Boston when surrounded by these type of teammates.
This reminds me a lot of guy named Pierce from a few years back - capable but inconsistent on the defensive end. The right teammates and environment got Pierce to buy in, so there's a least some reason to hope that Marbury might buy in as well.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Defensive effort is the big thing with Marbury. He's been inconsistent throughout his career with it, and has had poor spells, decent spells, and solid spells defensively as a result. I think it's impossible to tell which one would show up in Boston when surrounded by these type of teammates.
This reminds me a lot of guy named Pierce from a few years back - capable but inconsistent on the defensive end. The right teammates and environment got Pierce to buy in, so there's a least some reason to hope that Marbury might buy in as well.

Not exactly. Marbury putting up the effort is not nearly as good as Pierce defensively.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
The first chance that PP, KG and Ray get to sit Marbury down after this hypothetical trade happens would be classic.  What would that conversation be like?