Author Topic: Celts going after Raja Bell?  (Read 10870 times)

Re: Celts going after Raja Bell?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:36:42 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think other teams see our backups for what they are:  inconsistent, unrealized potential, or scrubs.  You're not going to get a lot for that.

Thank you Roy.  I have tried to get this message across in numerous threads.  Teams have their own d-league "potential" players and scrubs on their benches, why would any of them want ours? 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Wouldn't that be awesome. Ainge can outsmart MJ and convince him to take our scrubs. I'm kinda surprised how affordable raja is & his contract expires next season.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 09:49:44 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The problem is, most of our young players weren't in the League back when MJ last watched a basketball game, in 2006.  Maybe he remembers watching Scalabrine back in New Jersey.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 10:21:17 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
That would be sweet if Ainge can convince MJ that our scrubs are worth Bell. ;D  Not counting on it though. :-[

YES!!! That is the key, that is our one advantage in trade talks with Charlotte, their weakness... their GM... Michael Jordan!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

Raja and I have similar interests

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk

raja bell is my guy. hell yea.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
My guess is that Boston got interested in Bell as part of the proposed Raef LaFrenz for Gerald Wallace trade.  

Some sort of a three way would have emerged with Raja coming to Boston, TA and Scals going to Portland with cash and a second round pick, or something along those lines.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
bell would be a really nice fit

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Charlotte are trying to win now. The Celtics have nothing they're willing to part with that will get them Raja Bell. The Bobcats aren't interested in cap space, their deals throughout the season show that clearly enough.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I want Raja Bell on the squad after that video reminded me of his little run in with Kobe.  Seems like he has alot in common with fans in Boston already.
UBUNTU

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Raja playing for C's we would unstoppable. He would fit in like glue. Hope MJ bites.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Charlotte are trying to win now. The Celtics have nothing they're willing to part with that will get them Raja Bell. The Bobcats aren't interested in cap space, their deals throughout the season show that clearly enough.

CHAs chances of making the playoffs this season are not great. There are basically 7 teams fighting over one playoff spot...

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

CHAs chances of making the playoffs this season are not great. There are basically 7 teams fighting over one playoff spot...

what if they make the playoffs? is a 1st round exit really progress?

its like the celtics a few years ago... constant mediocrity didn't get them anywhere.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

what if they make the playoffs? is a 1st round exit really progress?

its like the celtics a few years ago... constant mediocrity didn't get them anywhere.

The Bobcats are mess and walking down a terrible road, but it's a road they want to walk down. They didn't get trapped into this, they sought it out, they wanted this route. They want to win now.

When I say winning, I don't mean a Championship or even a legit playoff run. I mean 33-43 wins instead of 20 wins and a proper rebuilding phase. That's what the organization is playing for.

They've shown no interest in creating cap space. Every deal they've made since Larry Brown took over has been to this goal, of winning now.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

What are they trying to win?  Certainly not a championship with that roster. ;)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

Kiorrik

I have 0 understanding of how possible this trade is, but I *do* know Raja would be a great addition.

Hey, has any of you ever considered how much of a hothead Bell is? I mean, don't you think he might be like fuel on the flame? We're already getting loads of technical fouls and I think Raja will not really 'help' in cooling us down a bit :)

Not that I mind, I like a bit of spirit :P