Author Topic: Tony Allen on the shelf.  (Read 8137 times)

Re: Tony Allen on the shelf.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
So does this mean that we will have a corpus of fans that will make excuses for TA for another 1/2-2/3 of a season, claiming injuries have been holding him back?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:42:16 PM by Wide Load »
God bless and good night!

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Is there a possibility Ainge calls up JR? I would love to JR/Walker compete for some of TA minutes while Gabe gets most of those minutes.

Yeah, J.R. might be a dark horse.  Walker seems to be the better offensive option; however, Giddens has long arms and supposedly is pretty tenacious.  Maybe he can be our stopper. 

Still, it's tough to believe that either of them could get the team defense enough to really help.  They might not be terrible ball-hawks though. 

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
So does this mean that we will have a corpus of fans that will make excuses for TA for another 1/2-2/3 of a season, claiming injuries have been holding him back?

Only 2/3 of a season?

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Only 2/3 of a season?

I think that's when the next injury would occur.

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:12 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Quote from: BrickJames link=topic=25754.msg427796#msg427796 date=12349 ;D24888

Only 2/3 of a season?

I think that's when the next injury would occur.

;D That's like 5 consecutive months. You're being quite optimistic.

Anyway, I hope Ainge now signs another swingman. Delfino, Bonzi Wells, a D-Leaguer called Major I watched playing a few weeks ago... we need to strength that position. 

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm up and down on TA. I hate his BBIQ, his tendency to put his head down and throw up random shots, and his inconsistency. But, he is our 3rd best perimeter defender and he does do a good job on LeBron for someone being 4 inches shorter. I think this is going to hurt us in the long run.

While Gabe does get more burn at the point allowing Eddie to move to the 2, I recall seeing some +/- number posted in a thread that seemed to indicate that the Celts were in the positive with Eddie and TA but in the negative with Gabe and Eddie. I'll take it with a grain of salt but I can't be the only one who sees *some* value in a healthy TA. He's probably the best defender on the bench.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 11:43:09 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Is there a possibility Ainge calls up JR? I would love to JR/Walker compete for some of TA minutes while Gabe gets most of those minutes.

I would love to see it, but I don't know.  I think we are more likely to just see Walker get the minutes, plus Scal is ready to come back. I would be most of TA's minutes go to Scal...

PS: secret wish -- DA somehow swings a trade for Renaldo Balkman.  I would love to see HIM get TA's minutes!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
I think the guy we need to bring into replace TA is this man, a 6'7 220 power SF, athletic freak, and a very good rebounder. Everyones favorite young player, i cant believe he is still only 27 as he seems lifetimes ago lol.   ;D

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=kedrick_brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Lor0CwwTE
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:25:53 AM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 02:31:26 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think the guy we need to bring into replace TA is this man, a 6'7 220 power SF, athletic freak, and a very good rebounder. Everyones favorite young player, i cant believe he is still only 27 as he seems lifetimes ago lol.   ;D

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=kedrick_brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Lor0CwwTE
That was one awkward looking dunk.

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:27 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Addition by subtraction?

Haahahaha! One of the best applications of the Scott theory I have seen. TP buddy.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.