Author Topic: SI: Cavs talk to Wizards about Jamison  (Read 9354 times)

Re: SI: Cavs talk to Wizards about Jamison
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:38:30 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I think that Jamison is a fantastic player, and I think adding him to the Cavs makes them the favorites (although I still have faith in the Celts!)
I agree.  I think it'd make them the favorites.  Man, how deep would they be?!  If they wanted to throw out an offensive team, Z, Jamison, Lebron, Williams, and whoever would be a freaking load to deal with.

Williams
Delonte
James
Jamison
Big Z

scary stuff
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 06:46:45 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i live in the dc area and i know how much they hate the cavs, of all teams to deal their star players to i cant believe they would deal with cleveland.

for them, this would be like us sending the lakers ray allen for an expiring contract and jordan farmar
Greg

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I can't see the Wizards helping out Cleveland, at least I hope they wouldn't.  Aren't they bitter playoff rivals?... at least the last couple of years in the playoffs.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:51:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The way the Cavs play, with Lebron holding the ball for all eternity, another star is not the answer. Jamison may fit the bill as the 2nd or 3rd level star, but his numbers will plummet, don't think of this as adding 20 points a game.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The way the Cavs play, with Lebron holding the ball for all eternity, another star is not the answer. Jamison may fit the bill as the 2nd or 3rd level star, but his numbers will plummet, don't think of this as adding 20 points a game.

True, but Jamison can post up, shoot from deep, and rebound.  He's a pretty good complementary player, and playing off of Lebron, he would get a lot of open looks.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I hope this doesn't go through.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Wilcox and Joe Smith were enough to land a Tyson Chandler.

In this environment, I'd be very surprised if the Cavs can't get a very good player with their expirings, especially if they're willing to send Hickson+picks along.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
...Wizards trading with the Cavs.. Isn't that like the Celtics and Lakers trying to do a deal? I just don't see it going through.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:55 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
it would make the cavs the east favorites. at the same time at least it's not amare. i reaally don't wanna see THAT cav team for the next 10 years. it could be worse. we would still have an awesome chance at the whole thing. i still fear the lakers the most when bynum gets back and /or shaq sells out again.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Hickson is basically untouchable.  Only player Hickson would get moved for is Amare or Bosh, both of which won't happen.  Cavs would only move Wally (not Wally and extras) for Jamison.  Cavs also offered Wally for Butler.

Cavs offered all kinds of combinations of Wally, Hickson, Varejao, Gibson and Sasha for Amare before Phoenix pulled him back off the table.

Camby seems to be a focus again.  The next 25 hours should be very interesting

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Hickson is basically untouchable.  Only player Hickson would get moved for is Amare or Bosh, both of which won't happen.  Cavs would only move Wally (not Wally and extras) for Jamison.  Cavs also offered Wally for Butler.

Talk about overrating young players.  If Hickson is the only legit piece a team needs to move to get Jamison, they should jump on it.  It's ridiculous to label a mediocre big man as essentially untouchable, but if that's the Cavs strategy, more power to them.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

Talk about overrating young players.  If Hickson is the only legit piece a team needs to move to get Jamison, they should jump on it.  It's ridiculous to label a mediocre big man as essentially untouchable, but if that's the Cavs strategy, more power to them.

You may want to hold back on your criticism of Hickson.  The kid is 19.  He is barely scratching the surface of his potential.  Lets give him a year or two before we determine he is mediocre, okay?

While Jamison is a talented player he is aging and is owed a ridiculous amount of money over the next several years.  His contract goes beyond 2010 as well, which is a negative in the cavs mind.  That is why the Cavs would only be willing to move an expiring contract for him.

The Cavs don't want to mortgage their young base unless they have to.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

You may want to hold back on your criticism of Hickson.  The kid is 19.  He is barely scratching the surface of his potential.  Lets give him a year or two before we determine he is mediocre, okay?

While Jamison is a talented player he is aging and is owed a ridiculous amount of money over the next several years.  His contract goes beyond 2010 as well, which is a negative in the cavs mind.  That is why the Cavs would only be willing to move an expiring contract for him.

Trust me as somebody who watched Gerald Green:  not making moves because of a 19 year old who looks mediocre but has the potential to be more isn't the wisest of strategies.  Hickson may turn out to be good, and he may be a nobody.  With a player like that, it's silly to treat him like a blue-chip prospect and label him untouchable.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum

Trust me as somebody who watched Gerald Green:  not making moves because of a 19 year old who looks mediocre but has the potential to be more isn't the wisest of strategies.  Hickson may turn out to be good, and he may be a nobody.  With a player like that, it's silly to treat him like a blue-chip prospect and label him untouchable.

That is what the Cavs feel like they have in him though.  They are placing his value higher than an aging veteran who may only be able to help out for one year. 

Honestly, I think the Cavs would move varejao before Hickson

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I don't thnk he would fit as a bench player. This is a 15-20 FGAPG guy, not a role player or a defense type of a guy to say at least.
But he continues to impress me with his offense and offenseive rebounding, you must put a body on him, especially on his shots.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger