Author Topic: What is your prediction  (Read 3474 times)

What is your prediction
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Just want to see what some people are thinking about after this deal with cassel and now all chances of Joe smith coming to Boston out of the window. What do you think will be the Celts next move? I cant say specifics but i dont think were going to be signing anyone I believe that Danny did this because he knew he had a backup plan with perhaps a trade in case he couldn't sign anyone (P.J.,Zo,and Joe) So now that those are gone i believe he makes a 2 for 1 or 3 celts for 2 whomever. Just want to see what everyone is thinking! Go C's and lets make a deal!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:04:57 PM by Redz »

Re: What is your predtiction
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
As much as I think something needs to be done, I just don't see it happening. The Hornets are probably not going to cut Smith, and we have basically no trading assets. This team will stay exactly the same for the rest of the year unless Marbury ends up getting bought out
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Re: What is your prediction
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I think Danny gets down on his knees in front of PJ and begs him one more time to come back.

Most likely that's not going to work. At point guard, I think the Celtics will only make an addition if the man is Marbury or Cassell. I firmly believe that the Celtics' best chance of getting help at the wing and center positions is if the Spurs end up dealing for VC. If that deal goes down, I would think that Danny would make a strong push for Oberto, and maybe an attempt to land Bowen. Other than that, the options at this point are alarmingly few for those who think that the Celtics need bench help in order to win a championship. I think they could use the help, but by no means am I feeling desperate right now.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my prediction.....

i have NO IDEA!!!!!  just keeping my fingers crossed

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm thinking that unless Marbury can be landed nothing will happen, but there have been some unusual trades to save money so who knows.  Maybe the C's will be able to land a surprising addition.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
My prediction is: BBD or Powe will be traded away. The Celtics have to make a tough decision in the off season on weather to Sign Powe to a long term deal or BBD to a long term deal. Both can probably comand a Ronny Turiaf type deal ( which is in the 4-5 Mil ,3-4 year deal ) There is no way they sign both (for 4 Mil) IMO.

So why not trade BBD now? Especially with TA going down I think the Celts can trade a few peices for a vet swingman.

Something like this :

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bojeqe

Bos sends: BBD, Giddens , 2nd Rd pick

Phoenix sends: Grant Hill

With Grant hill (or someone similar)now your backup swing man , the 2-1 trade will allow us to sign two other vets.

1)Robert Horry , who take the BBD role of hitting outside shots from the PF position

2) Vet PG or C We could probably sign Sam I am or another PG who is bought out or another big man with length maybe Rasho gets bought out by Indy ?

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Well we kinda have to do something now. Tony is gone Cassel is gone there is two spots now,and Billy or Giddens are not playoff ready. I can see Bonzi coming in very soon or a trade of BBD or Leon tomorrow or thursday. We SHALL SEE! 

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Something tells me that Ainge is closer to making a deadline deal than he lets on.  How exactly he'll get anything of worth is beyond me, but the fact that he chose to get rid of Cassell through this rather elaborate trade, rather than straight up waiving him (which I believe would mean that Cassell would sit on waivers for 48 hours, not clearing an extra spot until after the trade deadline), means he's got something in the works. 

With Tony out, I'd love to see a replacement brought in.  If that isn't possible, a big man with length would help.  If neither is possible, I'd love to see just the best possible talent brought in.  Even if we can't get someone who fits exactly, if we could get someone who could create their own offense, that would help when two of the Big Three are on the bench. 

My dark horse prediction, because no one has said it, and the TA thing is making me desperate: Antoine Walker, part 3. 

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Ainge calls Reggie Miller, PJ Brown, Payton, Webber, and Jordon.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
O wow did not think about Toine part 3... But my dark horse is still bonzi or Scal and big baby or Powe in a deal for something. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! >:(

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I wouldn't be surprised if
(a) nothing happens;
(b) Powe or BBD is included in some sort of a deal. 

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:32:34 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Danny is going to suit up himself. Play for a buck. Problem solved.

Ainge for three!
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
nothing

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Actually, let me readjust my prediction.  My dark horse still is Toine, part 3; however, my first hunch is that Danny pulls some deal where we send cash and maybe a pick and a filler and land some sort of player in a three way deal.  I have no idea who that is.

As for the Toine idea, please understand that I don't think Ainge is targeting him.  However, if he can't land Marbury, Smith, Brown, Wells, or anyone else of that kind, I think there's an outside shot that happens.