Author Topic: Chuck (TV Show)  (Read 28441 times)

Re: Chuck (TV Show)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
They are starting to frustrate me.  They can't keep playing up the on again, off again Chuck-Sarah line with me... getting tired of it.  Either make them try out actually dating for a while, or break it off for a while. 

The show needs a "Lou" break. I wish they had pursued the "We-Would-if -We -Could- but-we- can't" angle a little more.

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
I gotta say...nothing, and I mean nothing is more entertaining to me than the story line of Big Mike sleeping with Morgan's mom. I just love this! Hilarious. This whole Chuck / Sarah mess is definitely getting annoying but I still love the show. As long as they don't bring it to Clark / Lana levels then I'll definitely keep watching. Clark and Lana's shenanigans actually made me stop watching Smallville completely.

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Casey is the #1 reason I watch that show. Jayne rocks.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
What an average episode that had an awesome ending.

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 07:53:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Oh wow! Sarah denied the british guy! Oh wow! Chuck decided not to pursue things with sarah! Oh wow! They're kept apart again! Man that is quite innovative from the chuck team.

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Oh wow! Sarah denied the british guy! Oh wow! Chuck decided not to pursue things with sarah! Oh wow! They're kept apart again! Man that is quite innovative from the chuck team.

I was thinking more along the lines of "OH WOW the Tron poster!"

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
"Chuck's got to be a spy now" reaction: Awesome! Chuck's gonna be a spy now!
Reality: Nothing changes.

"Chuck is going to meet Orion" reaction: Awesome! Plot movement!
Reality: Chuck doesn't meet Orion.

"Chuck sees Sarah betray him, kinda" reaction: Awesome! Screw sarah!
Reality: Meh. I guess its not really that awesome.

"Something happened at buymore" reaction: I don't care that much about the buymore, at all.
Reality: Besides Jeff and Lester, who are only cool when they're doing things that don't involve chuck, I do not care are all about the buymore. 

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

"Something happened at buymore" reaction: I don't care that much about the buymore, at all.
Reality: Besides Jeff and Lester, who are only cool when they're doing things that don't involve chuck, I do not care are all about the buymore. 

1. Actually Chuck being a spy now changes a great many things. It increases his motivation to get the intersect out of his head. It also changes his dynamic with Casey. It changes the entire security societies interaction with him. It also changes how Beckman views him, from an asset to a weapon.

2. Chuck meeting Orion changed a great many things. It allowed for all the changes in #1 but it also gave Chuck the tools to set up a 3 way conflict between the CIA/NSA wanting to keep Chuck as a weapon against Fulcrum, Fulcrum wanting the intersect for whatever it is that Fulcrum does and Chuck wanting the intersect out of his head. There are many different, and interesting, paths this conflict could lead the characters down.

3. Actually, its interesting in that its the first time we see Saarah do something of grey morality that doesn't directly benefit Chuck. So it further serves to distance himself from the CIA/NSA as he tries to get the intersect out of his head.

4. Buy More plot lines are hit or miss, although I thought the initial Robbery scene was excellent. Side note, I like that the Mummy from Fulcrum may not be dead. I like him as a villain.

5. Why are you still watching?

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

1. Actually Chuck being a spy now changes a great many things. It increases his motivation to get the intersect out of his head. It also changes his dynamic with Casey. It changes the entire security societies interaction with him. It also changes how Beckman views him, from an asset to a weapon.

2. Chuck meeting Orion changed a great many things. It allowed for all the changes in #1 but it also gave Chuck the tools to set up a 3 way conflict between the CIA/NSA wanting to keep Chuck as a weapon against Fulcrum, Fulcrum wanting the intersect for whatever it is that Fulcrum does and Chuck wanting the intersect out of his head. There are many different, and interesting, paths this conflict could lead the characters down.

3. Actually, its interesting in that its the first time we see Saarah do something of grey morality that doesn't directly benefit Chuck. So it further serves to distance himself from the CIA/NSA as he tries to get the intersect out of his head.

4. Buy More plot lines are hit or miss, although I thought the initial Robbery scene was excellent. Side note, I like that the Mummy from Fulcrum may not be dead. I like him as a villain.

5. Why are you still watching?

I don't wanna go through and debate the points, but I will say I still really like the show. It just annoys me when they do these pretty much lateral plot movements. I call them "staller episodes" I can appreciate that the chuck and orion thing is a big deal, and honestly I doubt thats the last we'll see of Orion. I just think it would've been way cooler if Orion would've lived and continued to secretly communicate with Chuck.

As far as Chuck actually "being a spy" what does it even change? He's unskilled, he's no spy (I really wish they'd use the word operative), maybe they'll do a montage of chuck learning kung-fu. Ohhhh...maybe they'll put kung-fu in his head like the intersect and not at all like the Matrix.

The buy more thing to me is dead. Its too static, and I just don't care about it anymore. Im ready for chuck and morgan to move on.

I mean Im a big fan of the show, but i feel like its getting a little bit static. I liked last week's epi, but Im anxious to see if they follow up with answers of just shoot out another "staller episode"

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I was looking at my last few posts, and I wanted to say sorry for the dripping sarcasm, I actually really do like the show, and encourage people to watch it. I just think the show could be better if it woudl stop treading water.

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I was looking at my last few posts, and I wanted to say sorry for the dripping sarcasm, I actually really do like the show, and encourage people to watch it. I just think the show could be better if it woudl stop treading water.

Well the creator has been saying for a while that the finale will be a game changer, we'll see where that leads, and hopefully we do get a third season. [dang] you Jay Leno for cutting 5 hours of primetime drama programming. Jay Leno is officially on my list of enemies.

I agree with the lateral plot movement points, but since the beginning I haven't taken this show seriously, so as long as I get some entertainment, I'm good to go. I do realize though that this could be a much cooler series if it didn't bother so much with all the side stories. The Buy More plots are alright, but it seems like the writers are forced to write 2 plots every week... Buy More doesn't need a story in every episode.

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Sarah Walker or Caprica Six?

Cuz I think Six wins.

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:36 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Sarah Walker or Caprica Six?

Cuz I think Six wins.

I'm faithful to Ms. Walker. 

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 12:09:52 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I really, really, really hope that Ellie, Morgan, and Devon all learn that Chuck has been moonlighting as a CIA operative for the past year or two (or however long has past in the show's time).  I call it the "Spiderman 2" avenging... I get to feeling so terrible for the hero that continually gets served in his real life at the expense of being a hero in his secret life.  In the end of Spiderman 2, when MJ realizes Peter has been Spidey all along, I was like "YES! He is avenged!".  I'm hoping for the same thing with Chuck.  I'm tired of his loved ones thinking he has been nothing but a let down and a disappointment.  He doesn't deserve it.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I agree with all that. I hope they decide to make Chuck like a legit spy...like go for training or whatever before the third season.