Author Topic: Celtics (44-11) at Jazz (31-23) 2/19  (Read 72305 times)

Re: Celtics (44-11) at Jazz (31-23) 2/19
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:25 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Good night sweet prince.

« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
but the calls evened out in the end...
You mean when Leon got called for a phantom offensive foul, when he got called for an out-of-bounds on the backboard end with three guys fouling him simultaneously, or when Pierce couldn't get a call driving to the basket?

Yes, I'm sure they evened out. Definitely.

Why don't you go back to the other thread so that we can talk for Garnett's torn achilles. Whose team are you on, anyhow?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2009, 01:50:59 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
but the calls evened out in the end...
You mean when Leon got called for a phantom offensive foul, when he got called for an out-of-bounds on the backboard end with three guys fouling him simultaneously, or when Pierce couldn't get a call driving to the basket?

Yes, I'm sure they evened out. Definitely.

Why don't you go back to the other thread so that we can talk for Garnett's torn achilles. Whose team are you on, anyhow?

What are you even talking about? talk about garnetts torn achilles? I never mentioned that, I responded to others suggesting that.
also, the celtics shouldve still won the game despite the officiating, period end of story,,the jazz shot 30% most of the game, played terrible the entire way, but we continually turned it over for them to score easy buckets...and I know the officiating was blatanly horrible, but ft attempts evened out.
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2009, 01:51:32 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
The refs ultimately cost us the game, but doc has gotta rest pierce more. I don't think he sat at all during the second half. You can't run your horses into the ground, Doc. Give Billy and Gabe minutes. You can't have such a short leash with Gabe. Let the kid work out the kinks.

« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2009, 02:07:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Geez, so many whining and excuses. We lost because the offensive execution in the 4th was pathetic.

Hey cordobes, will you at least admit that the
refs didn't help? Like I said earlier I've
made it a point not to complain about the
refs. But this was RIDICULOUS. Stern and
the entire league is becoming more and more
of a joke. The WWE of basketball. It sucks.
I don't mind losing to a better team but even
without KG there's no way Utah beats us if
not for Bavatta and those other refs. *sigh*
Btw, I'd still be complaining even if we had
won the game. Now I'll be off to Facebook to
create a "The NBA needs better refs - NOW!!!" group.

Sleep tight, fellas...

Done. Search for it on FB if you will!

« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2009, 05:47:37 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Geez, so many whining and excuses. We lost because the offensive execution in the 4th was pathetic.

30-18, etc.

What does this mean? Than a 12 PFs differential necessarily implies an unfair officiating? Are you sure you want to go that route?

Hey cordobes, will you at least admit that the
refs didn't help? Like I said earlier I've
made it a point not to complain about the
refs. But this was RIDICULOUS. Stern and
the entire league is becoming more and more
of a joke. The WWE of basketball. It sucks.
I don't mind losing to a better team but even
without KG there's no way Utah beats us if
not for Bavatta and those other refs. *sigh*
Btw, I'd still be complaining even if we had
won the game. Now I'll be off to Facebook to
create a "The NBA needs better refs - NOW!!!" group.

Sleep tight, fellas...

Well, I think the refs gave some help, they just didn't help the team they ought to. ;)

Seriously, my point of view is:
- there was some home-cooking going on. But that's par for the course in the NBA and even more for games in Salt Lake City - except if the visiting teams are the Lakers or the Bulls in a playoffs series.
- there was a great deal of over-reaction in this board. Someone who reads this thread without watching the game would believe that the refs were wrong in 50 or 60 calls and not a single time in our favour. That wasn't what happened. Some calls that people here saw as outrageous were absolutely good ones from my perspective.
- Personally, I think that the officiating in Dallas was worse and gave the C's more reasons to complain.
- We had every chance to win this game but the team failed to execute. Horrible 4th quarter. Too many turnovers once again.
- So many references to KG being out for the 2nd half are also weird, considering we were playing the Jazz and that their best player was, once again, in civil clothes.
- Finally, I hope the team doesn't fall in the mistake of adopting the mindset of this thread. Generally the officiating impacts level out throughout the season; there's no need to worry that much about the refs. Let them whistle and just keep playing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:04:09 AM by cordobes »

« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
another game just given away. put this in there with the lakers and spurs. i certainly hope this isnt a start of a three game skid. sunday vs phoenix becomes very important for boston

« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27
SCAL! I'm actually happy to see Scal after the bull the bench has shown so far.

I love Powe but was not happy with his play.  Hope Brian can shake off the rust.

Yeah, leon didnt even look like an NBA player in that stint on the court...

For Tattered's sake, let's all hope Leon's gone next year.

« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

I love Powe but was not happy with his play.  Hope Brian can shake off the rust.

For everyone ranking on Powe, heres one line I want you all to sink into your head. Scalabrine, 4 fouls in 1 minute. Scal can't touch Powe in talent, not even close, hopefully that fat blob is gone next season, he's a joke.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White

For everyone ranking on Powe, heres one line I want you all to sink into your head. Scalabrine, 4 fouls in 1 minute. Scal can't touch Powe in talent, not even close, hopefully that fat blob is gone next season, he's a joke.

I agree with your views on Powe.....but wasn't this Scal's first game back?  Probably a little rusty!   :)

« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

1 legit foul under the basket to prevent a layup, 3 very bad calls. One charge that should have been the other way, 2 phantom calls from the ref farthest away from the court.

Any post by you about Scal is obviously tainted and unreliable based on your name alone...

Nice job forgetting the very solid defense he played the other 11 minutes, and the 5 points on 2-3 shooting. For coming off the bench with that long of a time away he actually did quite nicely. You can't blame a poor job of officiating on the guy being worked over by them.

« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White

1 legit foul under the basket to prevent a layup, 3 very bad calls. One charge that should have been the other way, 2 phantom calls from the ref farthest away from the court.

Any post by you about Scal is obviously tainted and unreliable based on your name alone...

Nice job forgetting the very solid defense he played the other 11 minutes, and the 5 points on 2-3 shooting. For coming off the bench with that long of a time away he actually did quite nicely. You can't blame a poor job of officiating on the guy being worked over by them.

It appeared a lot of the calls against Leon were bulls**t too!