Author Topic: Bill Russell Award  (Read 3811 times)

Re: Bill Russell Award
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 06:30:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wish they'd stop naming awards/trophies after people. I don't like it, not at all.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 08:44:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hopefully Pierce can have that award by the end of this year, if Pau Gasol or Kobe ever touch that i'll never be able to watch the NBA again without feeling disturbed.
Gasol is a team player, and by most accounts I've read a good guy. I obviously want a Celtic to win the trophy every year but only Kobe holding it would really upset me.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Who cares, I love it.
And I love the way Russell handles himself.
I realy liked it when he mentioned his father as his hero, not some sports athlete or actor.
I hate it when asomeone famous gets in trouble and everyone gets on him, since he is a hero, bull crap.
Bill Russell re redefining a Hero.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 06:37:31 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I wish they'd stop naming awards/trophies after people. I don't like it, not at all.

Well, at least they didn't name the trophy after G-E-I-K-O.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Gasol is a team player

Yeah, I wouldn't mind him winning it; it's not his fault that he's on the same team as Kobe.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 11:41:16 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
Gasol is a team player

Yeah, I wouldn't mind him winning it; it's not his fault that he's on the same team as Kobe.

The obvious reason that Celtics fans would not want to see Gasol win it has nothing to do with what his skills are as a player.  It is because that would mean LA won the Championship, the worst possible outcome for any Celtic fan.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Hopefully Pierce can have that award by the end of this year, if Pau Gasol or Kobe ever touch that i'll never be able to watch the NBA again without feeling disturbed.
Gasol is a team player, and by most accounts I've read a good guy. I obviously want a Celtic to win the trophy every year but only Kobe holding it would really upset me.
Even if Kobe gets the Bill Russell Award(I don't wanna live to see that...), probably he won't accept it, as a protest against it not being named after him!! :o
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:23:55 AM by albas89 »
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...