Author Topic: Where do you predict today's stars will go in the greatest of all time list?  (Read 6628 times)

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Their's Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, Dwayne wade, Dwight Howard?

Do you think Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant can reach those previous 5?

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett may rise on that list but I don't think either has a shot to make top 30?

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Chris Paul and D-Whistle will be nowhere to be found on any such list.

Duncan and Kobe are already there.  KG and Pierce are awfully close.

LeBron has the potential to end up in the top 5 ever.  Let's see how any injuries, steroid allegations, etc. play out...

Rose and Durant...you're a funny guy.
God bless and good night!

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
Chris Paul is better than Isaiah Thomas and John Stockton right now. Magic is the only point guard better.

D-Rose will be the best NBA Pg in 3 years.

Kevin DUrant will be a better scorer than Larry Bird. I've never seen a 20 year old score like Kevin Durant. Only a 22 year old T-Mac was more versatile in scoring.

Dwayne Wade is better than Paul Pierce.

Kevin Garnett is being exposed as a weak scorer inside the paint these days.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It is way too early to talk about Rose, Durant, Howard, Chris Paul.

I think LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Shaq are on the list.
I think Kevin Garnett is close.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Chris Paul is better than Isaiah Thomas and John Stockton right now. Magic is the only point guard better.

Kevin DUrant will be a better scorer than Larry Bird. I've never seen a 20 year old score like Kevin Durant. Only a 22 year old T-Mac was more versatile in scoring.

Nothing you said is remotely accurate.  In fact I'm not going to waste the effort replying to this flamebait.  The little I've already wrote is enough.

The closest thing to anything resembling informed insight is the last part about KG - too bad that has been known by anyone who has watched a game of basketball in the past 15 years.
God bless and good night!

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
KG is on the list of all time greats all ready. No question, he's top 30.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

You do not know what you are talking about. Chris Paul is nowhere near Stockton's or Thomas' level, right now. Maybe in the future.

Rose will be top 3 definitely but CP3 will dominate the PG position for the next 10 years.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Kevin Garnett is definitely top 30. He's one of the best power forwards of all time.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
D-Wade is going to be top 30 easily. LeBron will go down as the best ever. For Dwight Howard it will come down to his longevity. Think of all the great Centers, Shaq, Wilt , Kareem, Russell, Hakeem, Moses Malone, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing. They all produced for well over ten years. Dwight is ridiculously fit, so I expect him to stay healthy and produce for years. I think his ceiling is a better Moses Malone

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
As of now, KG, Duncan, and Kobe are on that list. As of now, the order should go Duncan, KG, Kobe. Unfortunately, due to the huge hype machine of LA and the need for writers to constantly find the "next Jordan," Kobe will probably be ranked ahead of those two. If you ignore the fact that Kobe played in LA with Shaq while KG whiled away in Minnesota and Duncan was dominating in the little town of San Antonio, then I truly believe that in a vacuum, Duncan and KG have been better players to this point than Kobe. Kobe may move up on my list if he lasts longer than the other two, but we'll see.

Lebron, barring injury or steroid story, will definitely get there. Probably up to #1. Howard will make it. Wade might, if he can play at his peak without major injuries every few years. Durant and Paul certainly have the skills to get there, but we'll see. Don't sleep on what Durant is doing at such a young age. Ridiculous.

I don't think that Allen or Pierce get there. Nor does D-Will, or Nowitzki or Bosh or Nash or Amare. Doubt Rose makes it. Kidd, I believe, is borderline.

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
Wow u guys actually think Lebron will take the number 1 spot. He's a better rebounder and passer than Jordan but MJ had that unstoppable mid-range shot.

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
LeBron is about 9 titles behind Jordan and Russell.

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
It's all relative.  Most of the people today who talk about the greatest of all time rarely go beyond the 1980s. Another ten years and many of the great players from the 80s will be forgotten.  Duncan, Kobe, James, and KG should be in the discussion.  Other than that, it's either too early to tell with some of the players, or there are just a lot of really good, to great players (Ray, Peirce, Kidd, etc.) who join a bunch of players who are fantastic, but probably won't be included.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
LeBron is about 9 titles behind Jordan and Russell.

He's nine titles behind Jordan? How do you get negative 3 titles?  :P

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
MJ maybe could have 9 titles if he didn't retire in the 90s both times