Author Topic: Charlie Villanueva  (Read 2958 times)

Charlie Villanueva
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i've decided that i want him in a Celtic's uniform. i think he can add our length and our bench scoring. and i can't see the Bucks picking him up for next year after all the rumors of him being traded. They always talk about him being a disapointment but whenever i see him i love his skills.

CV's making 3.4 mil this year.

Re: Charlie Villanueva
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:01:54 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'd take him, absolutely. He can shoot the ball a bit, he's big and he's a great scorer and an effective rebounder. I don't know what Milwaukee is looking for, and I don't know if they trade him here specifically because of the potential 1-8 or 2-7 match up, but if there's anything we can do to get him he'd be a terrific addition for the year, though.

Only down side is we'd have to listen to Donny Marshall gush over him with the UConn connection and all.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:07:36 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
I'd take him, absolutely. He can shoot the ball a bit, he's big and he's a great scorer and an effective rebounder. I don't know what Milwaukee is looking for, and I don't know if they trade him here specifically because of the potential 1-8 or 2-7 match up, but if there's anything we can do to get him he'd be a terrific addition for the year, though.

Only down side is we'd have to listen to Donny Marshall gush over him with the UConn connection and all.

haha, i thought the same thing! He'd so obnoxious about UCONN. although i'd love to here him gush about Thabeet.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:51:43 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
why is it "around the nba" when the forum is about the possibility of him as a celtic? not crackin wise. just askin.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
why is it "around the nba" when the forum is about the possibility of him as a celtic? not crackin wise. just askin.  ;)

mm..then the right one should be trade ideas?
i guess
oh well...
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
can't trust him not to heave 25 footers at the wrong time of the game

who do we have that they would want?

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 63
i've decided that i want him in a Celtic's uniform. i think he can add our length and our bench scoring. and i can't see the Bucks picking him up for next year after all the rumors of him being traded. They always talk about him being a disapointment but whenever i see him i love his skills.

CV's making 3.4 mil this year.

I was wondering what his salary was, b/c i liked this idea. Don't know if the bucks would move him but a young talented tall player off the bench you can play inside out and rebound would be perfect. Maybe, being with this team would positively affect his work habits and decision making (which are the two things that I hear are his weak points)

tp for bringing up the possibility

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
can't trust him not to heave 25 footers at the wrong time of the game

who do we have that they would want?

You can say that again.  He's 6-11 and plays like he's 6-5.  He's allergic to the paint.  No thanks.