Author Topic: Can Kevin Durant be the best NBA scorer in 2 years?  (Read 6886 times)

Re: Can Kevin Durant be the best NBA scorer in 2 years?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
In my opinion, Durant is just about a lock to be the leagues best scorer in two years. Lebron will be there production wise, but it'll Durant will be the better scorer. It'll be the same case as Lebron vs Kobe(scoring wise). Lebron can put up the same numbers as Kobe, but Kobe has so many more different ways. It'll be the same case for Durant.

Durant won't be the best scorer as long as Lebron is in the league.

while i basically agree because of LBJs power, KD has Larry's kind of diversity to his offensive game....

he may not lead the league, but wow is he gonna be fun to watch.

Since you kind of brought it up. Don't you guys think his game, and versatility  very similar to Bird? Honestly whats a T-Mac/Dirk hybrid? I swear every talented white guy, who happens to be a small forward is compared to Bird, but Durant gets a Dirk/T-Mac hybrid?

Doesn't a Dirk/T-Mac Hybrid translate into Larry Bird with more hops, and less passing.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Durant is going to average more points per game in his career than Lebron.  Durant is more of a pure scorer and Lebron has a lot of playmaker in him.  Durant is always going to be the main scorer on his team, but for instance if the Cavs had gotten Amare, I could see Lebron sharing the scoring load with him.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 09:24:20 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Sure he can. He has a good jumpshot, has length, elevation, and can work in the post.

The bigger question is can he become a winning basketball player?
agreed and another question is can he play defense?
he's a great great offensive threat but he's one dimensional for now

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sure he can. He has a good jumpshot, has length, elevation, and can work in the post.

The bigger question is can he become a winning basketball player?
agreed and another question is can he play defense?
he's a great great offensive threat but he's one dimensional for now
One dimensional?  Like Ray Allen is one dimensional?  The guy is 20 years old and averages 7 rebounds and almost a block/game.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Does it matter if Durant is the "best" scorer in 2 years? How many Celtic Championship teams have had the highest scorer in the league? None. This year people say Pierce, KG, and Allen are on the downside (when looking at their stats). They are also on a championship team. When Pierce now scores 30 we see it (or at least I do) as a TEAM negative. It means the team hasn't played well and Pierce had to bail them out. So who cares who scores more points!!

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Absolutely he can.  And I agree that he is not at all one dimensional.  I love this kid.  I hope he gets out of Oklahoma and onto a good team so people can see him more often and see the talent about him.

The best part about him is he is soft spoken and humble.  His house doesn't have his face on the front of it, he doesn't say "Kevin Durant teams are never blah blah blah".  Even last night when he was going off and setting the record for that game he didn't it with some style and class.  This league, and sports in general needs a superstar like him in the limelight.  Enough with these steroids, and rapes, and cocky stars. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
He can lead the league in scoring next season - I love watching him, he's my favorite young player in the League. He's phenomenal. Would kill to see this guy in Green... I want him to develop into a rival to LeBron. He has all the tools to become an elite defensive player, too.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
to answer the OP's question...yes,,
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
he could very well win the scoring title this year if he keeps it up - only 3 ppg behind now and 30 games to go at his recent pace will put him right around there...

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Considering how bad his team is, why not. He won't have to worry about winning and he has great offensive skills and can relax on defense to save energy for offense. Seems like a perfect formula.

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Lebron will be a better scorer.  Just wait until he adds post up moves to his arsenal.  There is not a player alive that could guard him both inside and outside. 

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:50 PM »

Offline The Incredible Hulk

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Yes, there is a very good chance he'll be the best scorer in 2 years.. definitely top 5.

And don't be surprised if he is a Celtic in 2011.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 11:07:29 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I think he's a great player at the 3 position... people need to stop trying to make him a 2. At one point when he puts on enough muscle, he can even play the 4.

Become Legendary.