Author Topic: 3 way proposed Griz/Heat/Suns (yahoo confirmed)  (Read 4195 times)

3 way proposed Griz/Heat/Suns (yahoo confirmed)
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
2 chicks I met at the bar last night want to get it on! ;D

J/k...

Outlined:

Phoenix gets Rudy Gay and Marion
Miami gets Amare
Memphis gets Beasley

As the Miami Heat continue their pursuit of All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire, Heat president Pat Riley has enlisted the Memphis Grizzlies to be a third-team facilitator with the Phoenix Suns, league sources said Thursday night. The proposed multiplayer trade is fluid, but the framework would include the Suns receiving a package that includes Miami forward Shawn Marion and Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay. Yahoo! Sports

Miami would send rookie Michael Beasley to the Grizzlies. More players would be needed to balance out salary-cap rules. “Miami knows that they can’t get this done directly with Phoenix,” one league executive said. “The big thing is that they know the Suns like Gay.” Yahoo! Sports

Suns owner Robert Sarver directly called Memphis’ Michael Heisley to discuss trade possibilities between the two teams. The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported that the Grizzlies rejected a Suns’ proposal of Gay, forward Hakim Warrick and point guard Mike Conley for Stoudemire. It also reported the possibility of a three-way discussion. Before the 2008 NBA draft, the Grizzlies tried hard to trade up to get Miami’s No. 2 pick to draft Beasley. The teams never came to terms, and Memphis ultimately worked the draft-day O.J. Mayo-Kevin Love trade. Gay hasn’t meshed well with Mayo, who took over as the Grizzlies’ top scorer. Yahoo! Sports

Re: 3 way proposed Griz/Heat/Suns (yahoo confirmed)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Heat just traded JO to the Raptors.  I think this deal was better, though.

Edit:  I mean Marion...oops.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think this one was too...

Seemed to work well for all parties IMO
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The phrase "Yahoo confirmed" is kind of an oxymoron.

They always seem to be the last to report things, and any type of scoop or rumor they pass along never seems to come to pass.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I wonder if Miami intends to flip O'Neil to Phoenix instead of Marion.  It would actually make more sense than Marion going back to the Suns.  I don't know how all of the salaries work out but O'Neil and Beasley for Amare makes about as much sense as Marion and Beasley.

If I was Miami though, I wouldn't trade Beasley.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 02:23:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

My guess is the reason Miami pulled the trigger on the Toronto deal was because Phoenix decided to go another way with Amare.  I would not be surprised to see that other shoe drop pretty soon.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I wonder if Miami intends to flip O'Neil to Phoenix instead of Marion.  It would actually make more sense than Marion going back to the Suns.  I don't know how all of the salaries work out but O'Neil and Beasley for Amare makes about as much sense as Marion and Beasley.

If I was Miami though, I wouldn't trade Beasley.

JO can only be traded by himself; he cannot be combined with another outgoing player for another 60 days.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

My guess is the reason Miami pulled the trigger on the Toronto deal was because Phoenix decided to go another way with Amare.  I would not be surprised to see that other shoe drop pretty soon.

You're probably right. Who gets Amare?

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

You're probably right. Who gets Amare?

As long as its not Cleveland, I don't care.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

They always seem to be the last to report things, and any type of scoop or rumor they pass along never seems to come to pass.

So this is a confirmed rumor then?  That's one of them-there oxymoron thingamajigs
Yup

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

So this is a confirmed rumor then?  That's one of them-there oxymoron thingamajigs

Yup.

How about Oklahoma City as a destination for Amare?

Would Jeff Green, expiring contracts (OKC has a ton), and a couple draft picks get it done?

OKC would go forward with Westbrook, Durant, Amare, and Krstic. Solid core, and still some cap room to work with. 

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yup.

How about Oklahoma City as a destination for Amare?

Would Jeff Green, expiring contracts (OKC has a ton), and a couple draft picks get it done?

OKC would go forward with Westbrook, Durant, Amare, and Krstic. Solid core, and still some cap room to work with. 

and if they don't get better this year they still have a chance of getting number one overall, hometown Blake Griffin.