Author Topic: Best Albums WE Have Never Heard by a Major Band  (Read 2125 times)

Best Albums WE Have Never Heard by a Major Band
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I was sifting through ITUNES and was listening to some classic ZZ TOP and came across an album full of great songs I never remember hearing before. "Rythmeen". Somehow I missed this album and it is amazing, so I was thinking there must be a bunch of other albums by big groups that somehow slipped through the cracks. Any others out there that are can't miss? (Any genre fine)

Re: Best Albums WE Have Never Heard by a Major Band
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I was sifting through ITUNES and was listening to some classic ZZ TOP and came across an album full of great songs I never remember hearing before. "Rythmeen". Somehow I missed this album and it is amazing, so I was thinking there must be a bunch of other albums by big groups that somehow slipped through the cracks. Any others out there that are can't miss? (Any genre fine)

Wow EJ, never heard of that one either and I deal in music.  ZZ Top had some really excellent albums Tres Hombres, Tejas...

World Party - Egyptology is one album I didn't hear until years after it came out and loved it (but you sort of need to like them some to begin with)

Charlie Sexton had a surprisingly good one "Under the Wishing Tree"

Violent Femmes - Hallowed Ground
Yup

Re: Best Albums WE Have Never Heard by a Major Band
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:22:23 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Tha Carter III -- Lil Wayne

Ohhh, wait, BEST album?

NEVER heard??

Oh.....

Nevermind  ;D
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.