Poll

Who do you think will be this year's victor?

Rudy Fernandez
8 (16.7%)
Nate Robinson
12 (25%)
Dwight Howard (Defending Champion)
17 (35.4%)
J.R. Smith
11 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: 2009 NBA Slam Dunk Contest  (Read 22398 times)

Re: 2009 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt001pBcwjM

This is what I want to see next year. Lebron take note...

Re: 2009 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2009, 06:32:26 AM »

Kiorrik

Maybe the poster meant the commentators as well?  I was pretty disgusted by them.  I mean, Fernandez was wearing a Martin jersey to honor the first Sapnish player in the NBA and the commentators kept making jokes about it like "Martin who?" and "Ricky MArtin?"  I mean, can you imagine someone saying stuff like that if someone were to wear a Jackie Robinson jersey? Not trying to make this a racial/political thread, BTW, just pretty disappointed and disgusted at the lack of maturity and professionalism shown by the commentators.
Fool's sake, can we cut the whining about jokes?

My thoughts on stuff like this: it's *meant* as a joke, so don't read in to it. If I walk up to my mom and tell her the sun has decided to go on a vacation for two weeks, she doesn't go "OMG THE EARTH WILL NOT SURVIVE!". She'll probably ignore me cuz she knows I'm joking. Why can't people ignore jokes that aren't funny, instead of taking them literally (in the case of insult jokes) cuz the ranting about stuff like that is just getting ridiculous.

Time for me to hide now :x

.edit: *cough* apologies for the off-topicness of this post, seems like I had something on my chest :x