Author Topic: Baylor sues Clips for discrimination  (Read 2782 times)

Baylor sues Clips for discrimination
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:34:07 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Even if Baylor is right about this it's going to be tough to convince anyone that he still deserved to still have a GM position after one of the most horrible track records for a GM in NBA history. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3901091

Does this guy forget that he was terrible?

Re: Baylor sues Clips for discrimination
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Baylor was a puppet GM...

The Clippers were never able to capture a winning culture because they would never spend and keep their best players.

It's a shame really...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:16 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I have a hard time seeing how he can claim discrimination regarding his pay when he was receiving that paycheck for twenty-two freakin' years!  Why not complain in, say...  YEAR THREE?

Hard for me to really judge Baylor.  The Clips issue historically seemed to be mostly that Sterling would never pay to keep his talent, but it seemed like a lot of the Clips "stars" never played as well once they got onto other teams.  He did end up drafting a lot of talented players, but it's kinda hard not to when you're spending twenty years deep in the lottery!

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:27:17 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
disgraceful
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
If the NBA ever contracts a team, I think we have a prime candidate...this organization is a disaster.  When was the last time they even came close to making the playoffs, let alone qualify for it?

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:34 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If the NBA ever contracts a team, I think we have a prime candidate...this organization is a disaster.  When was the last time they even came close to making the playoffs, let alone qualify for it?

He'd never agree to it.  I'd wager that Sterling makes more money off his pathetic Clippers than almost anyone else in the League.  He's clearly not in the business for civic pride, you know?

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

The Clips made it to the playoffs and into the second round in '05-'06.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Then completely fell apart with basically the same pieces the next year. Just a weird organization.  That `05-`06 was fun though.
Yup

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

My bad, how quickly I forget...but I would still argue that the 05-06 season where everything seemed to click for them was the exception to the rule.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
ya. contract this team for crying out loud.they still look back fondly on the frickin DANNY MANNING years. at least change the name. do something.