Author Topic: USA VS. Mexico  (Read 8775 times)

USA VS. Mexico
« on: February 11, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Tonight 7:00 on ESPN2, I know there is a C's game on against this game, but it is definitely worth recording and watching immediately after. Despite this being a friendly, these games are always heated, the two teams do not like each other and neither do the fans. It's in Colombus Ohio, so USA has home field, but you can expect to see a fairly even division of the crowd between US and Mexico supporters.

I checked the US soccer website and it looks like most of the top players are there, not sure about Mexico, though they usually take these games very seriously. If you are a fan of soccer, or are interested at all and want to check out a game, make sure not to miss this one.

Re: USA VS. Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Tonight 7:00 on ESPN2, I know there is a C's game on against this game, but it is definitely worth recording and watching immediately after. Despite this being a friendly, these games are always heated, the two teams do not like each other and neither do the fans. It's in Colombus Ohio, so USA has home field, but you can expect to see a fairly even division of the crowd between US and Mexico supporters.

I checked the US soccer website and it looks like most of the top players are there, not sure about Mexico, though they usually take these games very seriously. If you are a fan of soccer, or are interested at all and want to check out a game, make sure not to miss this one.

This is no friendly, it's a world cup qualifier.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 02:23:22 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

This is no friendly, it's a world cup qualifier.

TP, wow good catch don't know how I missed that, I guess I have just become so used to the endless friendlys for the last couple years. Now this is a must see for everyone, reverse the order, record the C's and watch this live.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Yeah you could do some sewing and bake a cake while you watch paint dry, I mean soccer. Hopefully no one stubs a toe or else there will be a 1/2 hour injury timeout. Please don't talk about women's sports on the blog of the World Champion basketball team.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Yeah you could do some sewing and bake a cake while you watch paint dry, I mean soccer. Hopefully no one stubs a toe or else there will be a 1/2 hour injury timeout. Please don't talk about women's sports on the blog of the World Champion basketball team.

good to see you back... i realize its been awhile since someone brought up soccer, and you really don't talk about anything else except your sincere hatred of soccer, unless its other gems either involving ironic ideas like make Scal player/coach or sign Manny to a $200 million contract or insulting some other poster by telling him/her to watch the WNBA as a clever punishment. Click on something else.

The game's going to be very good. The teams truly do hate each other, and despite my CB name i really hate the Mexican national team. They dive all day and are the dirtiest team when they fall behind at all. I still love the picture of Onyewu staring down Borgetti...

"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
obviously you have never played soccer because I have played hockey basketball and soccer and I am in more pain after a soccer game then after anything else and it is not even close. It is the most popular sport in the world for a reason, it is not only about goals but great plays, nasty moves and the drama that unfolds during hte game.

This game should be fun and I have a Mexican friend so I am really hoping I can rub it in.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yeah people don't actually understand the game of soccer, but you need to be the most physically fit to play soccer in my opinion.  There's no real breaks like their are in other sports.  Tonight though, I intend on watching this then, UNC-Duke.  Sorry Celtics.
do it

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not (necessarily) meaning you, but it never ceases to amaze me the number of baseball fans that claim soccer is boring.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Hope USA wins to when they visit El Salvador in a couple of weeks they come here happy and not lookign for who to pay broken glasses  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

Just as long as you know that you are the one missing out. Obviously I love the C's, but there is room here for discussions regarding the world's most popular sport, if you don't like it cool, but understand you are in the minority. Also, with the current state of flopping in the NBA, the days of mocking soccer for players diving has passed, it's an embarrassment in both sports, but it's also very present in both.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i live in columbus and the wind is brutal....50 MPH gusts blowing through right now

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

good to see you back... i realize its been awhile since someone brought up soccer, and you really don't talk about anything else except your sincere hatred of soccer, unless its other gems either involving ironic ideas like make Scal player/coach or sign Manny to a $200 million contract or insulting some other poster by telling him/her to watch the WNBA as a clever punishment. Click on something else.

The game's going to be very good. The teams truly do hate each other, and despite my CB name i really hate the Mexican national team. They dive all day and are the dirtiest team when they fall behind at all. I still love the picture of Onyewu staring down Borgetti...

God I love that picture, if you see the video Oneywu is walking away from him and Borghetti says something, and that's when Oneywu gives him that look like man I would wreck you.

I have to agree, nothing against Mexican people, but I hate their team, this one is probably going to get physical. And yes Colombus is a mess right now.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Coach's son comes through, Bradley with the goal. USA 1 Mexico 0

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Nice win 2-0
next in line
My beloved El Salvador
Please USA be gentle.... ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Nice win 2-0
next in line
My beloved El Salvador
Please USA be gentle.... ;D

No promises...

I am really hoping for a USA win in Mexico, but then i would fear for the teams lives also.