Author Topic: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo  (Read 18926 times)

Re: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Once again Mo has Lebron and Z to get the ball to. Should I slight Mo because he has good teammates also? Give me a break. Cavs did fine last year without him.

Z missed 15 games this season.  If you think Z makes up for the productivity that Pierce and Allen bring, you're wrong *edited I dont think this tones are necesary *edgar

As you are for slighting Rondo for having goo players around him. Mo does too. I don't care how many times you want to say it both teams have talent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:44:53 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

As you are for slighting Rondo for having goo players around him. Mo does too. I don't care how many times you want to say it both teams have talent.

I understand both teams have talent, but I'm saying Boston has BETTER talent.  As a result, Mo has to do more for his team.  Look at the Cavs schedule last year through 50 games and this year.

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton

I understand both teams have talent, but I'm saying Boston has BETTER talent.  As a result, Mo has to do more for his team.  Look at the Cavs schedule last year through 50 games and this year.

::) Does not make him more worthy. Neither Rondo or Mo would make the all star team if they were on a bad team.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

But Rondo runs the offense for the Celtics too Mo gets to dish to one of the leading scorer's in the league its not like he's working harder for his assists. I'm not in the Rondo deserves it more camp but I don't see how he's doing any less for his team than Mo.

Again - Rondo has THREE of the best players in the league and is only asked to distribute. Doc does not ask him to go out there and score.  Mo is asked to distribute to really one guy and score. He has more to do.

Just because Mo scores more doesn't mean he does more. Rondo is a better rebounder and averages more steals it doesn't mean he's doing more either. Both PGs are doing what their team needs for them to win. Again why do we have to establish who is doing more?
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
Lamar Odom plays well probably 40% of the time.

Again, assists for Rondo are much higher because he defers to Allen, Pierce and Garnett.  Mo Williams is asked to do more than just distribute.  He is a legitimate 3pt threat and he has a very good jumper.  Rondo has to pass because he's an average at best jump shooter.

By this logic, anybody the C's would run out there at the point with the Big 3 would average 8 assists a game just because they were playing with them.  So if Eddie House started, he would do it, just because of those guys?  Come on, if you actually watch, Rondo is the one who is actually getting those 3 guys easy looks, not because he simply "defers" to them, because he knows how to get them the ball where they need to score, the primary job of the point guard.  Others probably would defer, but the Celts don't score by deferring to the Big 3 and just letting them take turns playing one on one.  They play together as a unit, and it all starts with Rondo.  Look at the their record and when Rondo plays well, scoring a bit too, they win, when he has a bad game, they lose.  This is far more than him just getting out of the way of the Big 3.

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
So even though Mo is asked to do more with less...and his team had the best record in the league...and they are much better than they were at this point last year...and he was the only significant addition....he's not more deserving?

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens

By this logic, anybody the C's would run out there at the point with the Big 3 would average 8 assists a game just because they were playing with them.  So if Eddie House started, he would do it, just because of those guys?  Come on, if you actually watch, Rondo is the one who is actually getting those 3 guys easy looks, not because he simply "defers" to them, because he knows how to get them the ball where they need to score, the primary job of the point guard.  Others probably would defer, but the Celts don't score by deferring to the Big 3 and just letting them take turns playing one on one.  They play together as a unit, and it all starts with Rondo.  Look at the their record and when Rondo plays well, scoring a bit too, they win, when he has a bad game, they lose.  This is far more than him just getting out of the way of the Big 3.

You're not reading what I wrote. I said Rondo is a much better passer, which is why he has more assists, but it also helps that he has the Big 3. If Eddie House ran the point full time and concentrated on distributing instead of spotting up for threes, then yes he'd probably have between 6-8 assists a game. Rondo's primary objective is to create for the Big 3.

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
So even though Mo is asked to do more with less...and his team had the best record in the league...and they are much better than they were at this point last year...and he was the only significant addition....he's not more deserving?

Lets all feel sorry for Mo all he has is Lebron on his team.  ::)

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
i am as big of a rondo supporter as there is and i have no problem with Mo going..

he is having a great season and the cavs deserves 2 allstars,,,i do think rondo should be the next replacement, but unfortunately, if anyone drops, they will probably need to add a big, which i dont see any worthy candidates for
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
Of course Mo Williams helps Cleveland.  That is not what qualifies an All-Star though.  The Cavs could be 45-1, and that does not automatically mean their 2nd most productive player makes the All-Star team, that player has to be better than other players, period.  The only # that Williams is better than Ray Allen is assists, and he is supposedly their point guard. 

He doesn't get extra credit because he has given the Cavs a secondary threat.  His importance to the Cavs has zero to do with whether he is an All-Star or not.  By that argument, Posey should have been an All-Star last year, or any other player that fits in well and improves a team.  He doesn't even average 18 points a game and less than 5 assists.  That is an All-Star? They may as well just take the top 4 teams in the league and take their 2-3 best players if this is the criteria.

Is Mo Williams having a good year?  Yes.  Does he make the Cavs a better team?  Definitely.  But is he an All-Star performer compared to his peers in the league?  No way, he is the same player he was in Milwaukee last year and he was not considered close to being an All-Star.

Thanks that was my point but you've argued it so much more eloquently than I did. TP

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 09:57:01 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
i am as big of a rondo supporter as there is and i have no problem with Mo going..

he is having a great season and the cavs deserves 2 allstars,,,i do think rondo should be the next replacement, but unfortunately, if anyone drops, they will probably need to add a big, which i dont see any worthy candidates for

I think a if a big player can't play another big should take his place. I agree that Cavs should get 2 players though I don't agree with some of the reasoning that some have made about who is superior between Mo/Rondo.

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff

Good PGs don't just shoot the ball. The idea is to get everyone involved. Rondo does an excellent job of this. Steve Nash can shoot and pass and was able to do both. Also doesn't Mo get to pass to Lebron? This does not make him better or more worthy of being in the All star game.

I agree, but good points also score and create for themselves. Rondo is mediocre at this still, which you cannot deny. 

Again, Mo is a good outside shooter, can penetrate and can distribute the ball decently.  He isn't as a good of a passer as Rondo, but again for the 100th time - Rondo has 3 guys to pass to who are great shooters.

Rondo can score and create for himself. He's the most efficient PG in the league. His shooting is suspect but that doesn't make him a bad PG. The lack of outside shooting is only a negative  for PGs who are primary options on offense.

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

I think a if a big player can't play another big should take his place. I agree that Cavs should get 2 players though I don't agree with some of the reasoning that some have made about who is superior between Mo/Rondo.

i agree and would take rondo on my team over mo,,,,i just cant think of a worthy big
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
Rondo can score and create for himself. He's the most efficient PG in the league. His shooting is suspect but that doesn't make him a bad PG. The lack of outside shooting is only a negative  for PGs who are primary options on offense.

Pretty much any player in the NBA can score and create for himself, but Rondo is rarely forced to do so.  A PG should always make the other team guard him.  How many times have you seen teams just leave Rondo wide open because they see no point in guarding him?

I never said Rondo is a bad PG - don't insinuate that please.

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

i agree and would take rondo on my team over mo,,,,i just cant think of a worthy big

Why isn't David Lee worthy?  16 points, 12 rebounds, and 57% shooting.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions