Author Topic: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo  (Read 18927 times)

Re: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
He wasn't campaigning for himself - he was campaigning for his team.  He felt it was a slap that the team with the best record in the NBA (at the time) was being represented by only one player.  Mo Williams never said "I should be on that team" - he said "we deserve to have two or three".

Well, he basically is campaigning for himself, he just didn't exactly say it.

Yeah, it's not like he was saying that Wally should get an invite.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Is Bosh really hurt or is (1) Bosh about to be traded, or (2) Toronto tanking for the draft pick?

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
He wasn't campaigning for himself - he was campaigning for his team.  He felt it was a slap that the team with the best record in the NBA (at the time) was being represented by only one player.  Mo Williams never said "I should be on that team" - he said "we deserve to have two or three".

Well, he basically is campaigning for himself, he just didn't exactly say it.

im sure he ment sideshow bob and wallace should go  ;)

Yeah obviously he would be the next in line on the team following LeBron.  He might as well have been campaigning for himself in my opinion
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
If someone else had gotten the replacement nod after Ray got the last one the whining from Cleveland would have been unbearable.  Mo is basically putting up the same numbers this year as he did last year except his assists have gone down so I'm not really sold on him being having an allstar year. Isn't Big Z healthy? Why can't he go? It doesn't make sense to replace Bosh with a PG  leaving KG as the only real PF. Lewis really is really more a SF.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i like mo williams' game too. but he's not an all star caliber player. he's not on that level. at least not now. best team and only 1 player? umm... it's lebron, dude.

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
i like mo williams' game too. but he's not an all star caliber player. he's not on that level. at least not now. best team and only 1 player? umm... it's lebron, dude.

Lebron IS the team.  ;D
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Is Bosh really hurt or is (1) Bosh about to be traded, or (2) Toronto tanking for the draft pick?

If Bosh isn't playing in the All Star game so that Toronto can tank, someone should tell them, the All Star game doesn't count against their record.  ;D

Mo made it anyway
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 07:20:52 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
ok
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:26:27 PM by housecall »

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 07:45:31 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
If someone else had gotten the replacement nod after Ray got the last one the whining from Cleveland would have been unbearable.  Mo is basically putting up the same numbers this year as he did last year except his assists have gone down so I'm not really sold on him being having an allstar year. Isn't Big Z healthy? Why can't he go? It doesn't make sense to replace Bosh with a PG  leaving KG as the only real PF. Lewis really is really more a SF.

Z missed close to 15 games.

The things is the Cavs went from a mediocre offense to one of the best in the league, and Mo is a big part of that.

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 07:49:08 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

The things is the Cavs went from a mediocre offense to one of the best in the league, and Mo is a big part of that.

Thing is though a foward should be replaced by another big.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

David Lee?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
David Lee and Rondo still deserve it more.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens

It doesn't work that way in the ASG for reserves. 

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens

David Lee is on a crappy team.

Rondo has not had the impact that Mo has had for their respective teams.  Look at where the teams are at compared to last year - Celtics basically the same and the Cavs a lot better.

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

David Lee is on a crappy team.

Rondo has not had the impact that Mo has had for their respective teams.  Look at where the teams are at compared to last year - Celtics basically the same and the Cavs a lot better.

Well if you want to use that logic Lee earned the nod over Bosh in the first place, Toronto has a lesser record than New York.

And is it really Williams making the Cavs better? Or is it LeBron being better and the Cavs having a full training camp together after a big trade last season? Rondo is 13th in the league in total win shares, he doesn't score as much as Williams, but he isn't asked to either. Sadly, the only stat that really matters to most people is PPG.

Imagine we shipped out Rondo and kept Telfair in the KG trade, we probably don't win a championship and we're all going crazy because Al and Rajon and beasting in Minnesota. Rondo makes this team work, LeBron makes his go. Not Williams.