Author Topic: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo  (Read 18857 times)

LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo
« on: February 10, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: LeBron's whining results in All-Star birth for Mo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Williams was probably the next most deserving star in the East, but they're definitely lacking in size now.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i won't disagree. but he should have been penelized for all the whining his teammates did about him not making the team. i mean, come on. mo williams?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
No Bosh?  Looks like Mike Brown is gonna run KG out there for 40 minutes.  :-\

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I say they whined and complained about wanting Williams out there, fine, he replaced a power forward, so he plays power forward. Just to be nice he can choose if he wants to guard Amare, Duncan, Dirk, Shaq, Pau Gasol, or David West, My preferences, he should be the Shaq stopper at the All-Star game.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Don't they have to replace a center or forward with a forward?

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I say they whined and complained about wanting Williams out there, fine, he replaced a power forward, so he plays power forward. Just to be nice he can choose if he wants to guard Amare, Duncan, Dirk, Shaq, Pau Gasol, or David West, My preferences, he should be the Shaq stopper at the All-Star game.

Agreed.  ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
As long as Mo wasn't whining himself then I'm cool with it.  If Ray wasn't selected as a replacement the players would've complained about it and we would've whined about it.

I like Mo a lot as a player.  They are a different team with him this year.  He deserves the recognition and is a very valuable player to one of the top 3 teams in the league.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:42:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
As long as Mo wasn't whining himself then I'm cool with it.  If Ray wasn't selected as a replacement the players would've complained about it and we would've whined about it.

I like Mo a lot as a player.  They are a different team with him this year.  He deserves the recognition and is a very valuable player to one of the top 3 teams in the league.

He did whine.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/01/30/mo-williams-upset-about-all-star-snub/

“You want me to tell you like it is?” Williams chuckled. “Then I’ll tell it like it is. It’s a tragedy. How many players get into the game, and how many players did the Magic get in? They’ve got three players, and we’ve got the best record. Not just in the Eastern Conference, but in the whole league… Best team in the world, and we got one player.”
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I felt that D.West had just as good a chance or case to be picked to the All Star game as Mo did...D.West was playing All Star caliber bball before he went down(imo).

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Vince Carter > Mo Williams

Whining and crying actually does work, even for supposed "men" not just babies and children anymore.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

He did whine.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/01/30/mo-williams-upset-about-all-star-snub/

“You want me to tell you like it is?” Williams chuckled. “Then I’ll tell it like it is. It’s a tragedy. How many players get into the game, and how many players did the Magic get in? They’ve got three players, and we’ve got the best record. Not just in the Eastern Conference, but in the whole league… Best team in the world, and we got one player.”

Haha alright, my opinion has changed.  Don't campaign for yourself.  Learn a lesson from Ray Allen.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
He wasn't campaigning for himself - he was campaigning for his team.  He felt it was a slap that the team with the best record in the NBA (at the time) was being represented by only one player.  Mo Williams never said "I should be on that team" - he said "we deserve to have two or three".

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
He wasn't campaigning for himself - he was campaigning for his team.  He felt it was a slap that the team with the best record in the NBA (at the time) was being represented by only one player.  Mo Williams never said "I should be on that team" - he said "we deserve to have two or three".

Well, he basically is campaigning for himself, he just didn't exactly say it.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Well, he basically is campaigning for himself, he just didn't exactly say it.

im sure he ment sideshow bob and wallace should go  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion