Author Topic: My son says "Kobe's a nice guy".  (Read 18775 times)

Re: My son says "Kobe's a nice guy".
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
How I am trolling, your the one with a Lebron icon. You said Kobe was innocent because the courts said so, you can say the same about OJ that is my point, still doesn't explain the truth about what really happened. 
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Fact is if you have enough money you can get away with anything. Ask OJ.

People with a lot more money than OJ have ended up in prison. it helps to have inept prosecutors as well as Mark Furman on the case.

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
The Kobe trial was settled out of court,which means he just paid the girl a large sum of money to end everything.  The courts never found him not guilty.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 12:26:41 PM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
This is Kobe's statement following the settlement:

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.
"

It sounds pretty shady to me. Kobe says he now can understand where this woman would view their sex as not consensual. I don't know about any of you, but that sounds like an tacit admission of guilt.

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I'm still calling him Kobe the Ripper. Period.   >:(

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'm actually shocked I'm the only one on this board who doesn't think Kobe did it - or at least has the gall to admit it.

For what it's worth I don't have a single friend who believes Kobe actually did do it.  Demographic difference, I suppose.

That said, I got sucked into this nonsense after seeing yet more people hijack threads with stupid one-liners about Kobe being a rapist.  I guess you have to be one of the "in-crowd" around here to get away with that type of thing (and be flowered with TPs for it).

I will indeed go ahead and flower Nick with TPs for starting an initially entertaining thread by telling a nice personal story in that amusing way that only he can.  Thank you, sir.  

Aside from that, regarding Brick's comment about the apparent lack of gall on the board, I don't profess to have a clue as to what did or didn't happen in that hotel room besides what's been admitted.  The credibility of both parties has been in question, and any conclusion I can come to (*not* saying that's the case for others) would be uninformed.  And there isn't a lot of utility for me to presume about it, so I don't.  

While I try to stick to a "to each his own" approach with regard to judging (or really, not judging) non-criminal social conduct, I'll cop to not being a particular fan of adulterous behavior, and I left that story less than impressed with Kobe.  But that's where my thoughts on it end.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I'm actually shocked I'm the only one on this board who doesn't think Kobe did it - or at least has the gall to admit it.

For what it's worth I don't have a single friend who believes Kobe actually did do it.  Demographic difference, I suppose.

That said, I got sucked into this nonsense after seeing yet more people hijack threads with stupid one-liners about Kobe being a rapist.  I guess you have to be one of the "in-crowd" around here to get away with that type of thing (and be flowered with TPs for it).

EDIT:
So to be unequivically in support of Kobe in this case seems very strange because none of us were there and there was enough corroberating evidence to prove that it could have happened. Maybe not beyond a reasonable doubt, but definitely that it could have.

I am not supporting Kobe unequivocally.  I'm rather expressing my frustration with internet know-it-alls who find it funny to call people a rapist every time his name is brought up.

The same people who find it "disturbing" the language I use to describe the accuser do not find their own language just as dumbfounded and based in nothing.

/rant

I don't believe Kobe raped that girl...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

I will indeed go ahead and flower Nick with TPs for starting an initially entertaining thread by telling a nice personal story in that amusing way that only he can.  Thank you, sir.  

Aside from that, regarding Brick's comment about the apparent lack of gall on the board, I don't profess to have a clue as to what did or didn't happen in that hotel room besides what's been admitted.  The credibility of both parties has been in question, and any conclusion I can come to (*not* saying that's the case for others) would be uninformed.  And there isn't a lot of utility for me to presume about it, so I don't.  

While I try to stick to a "to each his own" approach with regard to judging (or really, not judging) non-criminal social conduct, I'll cop to not being a particular fan of adulterous behavior, and I left that story less than impressed with Kobe.  But that's where my thoughts on it end.

-sw

I was referring to SS, for what it's worth.  Not Nick.

Furthermore, I went on this tangent because SS decided to indirectly call Kobe a rapist, even though this thread has nothing to do with that.  I didn't think I was being unclear with either of the above.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

I was referring to SS, for what it's worth.  Not Nick.

Furthermore, I went on this tangent because SS decided to indirectly call Kobe a rapist, even though this thread has nothing to do with that.  I didn't think I was being unclear with either of the above.

Sorry, Brick, I should have clarified - you were clear, and I did understand what you were referring to with your comments.  But some of the phrasing gave me a couple of thoughts to piggyback on is all - that wasn't supposed to be any sort of "pointed reaction."  Hope it didn't come off that way; just saw the window open t put in my two cents, although they were likely unnecessary.  :D

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah, when I wrote the OP I really never thought it would go on to be a four page thread regarding Kobe's rape accusations. Still, spirited debate can be just as entertaining as a short anecdotal story I suppose.

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
there's a woman in Colorado who disagrees.

and there's evidence and a Justice system who says that woman is a liar.  Sorry, I'll stand by the facts and the law in this one.

Thats hilarious. Kobe essentially admitted to that fact that he slept with her. What was in dispute was whether she consented or not.

So sleeping with someone makes you not a nice person?  Your logic eludes me.

@Champ: your attempts at trolling me are failing.  Please try harder.

I dont often issue a statement for "intimate misunderstandings and deep regret for any pain and suffering caused" and pay off the women i've been with to get her to drop a rape law suit, but mabey thats a "ncie guy" NBA player thing.

Bottom line is- something other than "hey, lets go have a one night stand!" happened in that hotel room, we'll never know what, but don't come in here and tell me she's a liar only after money. If she was and they REALLY had this evidance that the kobe camp says they had that she was a total liar, they would have gone to trial.

His reputation was and is already tarnished to heck, so the only reason to hush her off for a million at that point is your worried about the outcome.

He's not guilty in my eyes, but he sure aint the innocent victim of some "crazy white trash girl" you want to pain him as.

To the OP nick, thats an awesome story, TP :)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
Brick is right, Kobe is a saint, he has NEVER done anything wrong in his life and is an amazing role model for young kids. (cough, cough)

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
I fully agree 100% with everything crownsy said, perfect, and even though Brick doesn't want us too I will also give Nick a TP for his funny story.

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 01:02:59 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I fully agree 100% with everything crownsy said, perfect, and even though Brick doesn't want us too I will also give Nick a TP for his funny story.

[Deleted.  Watch the tone of your posts. -R.H.]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:05:15 PM by Roy Hobbs »
God bless and good night!

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Everyone:  respond to the arguments, not the poster.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions