Author Topic: My son says "Kobe's a nice guy".  (Read 18853 times)

My son says "Kobe's a nice guy".
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:52:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So I think it's time to take my oldest son off the officers list in the business and remove him from my will.

Okay maybe that's extreme but that's what I was thinking after he told me "Kobe was cool".

Seems he met and got to stretch and work out with Kobe over at Northeastern University on Friday afternoon. My son is on an athletic team at NU so he, like every other student athlete there, gets to work out in the athlete's only gymnasium there rather than the giant public on right on Huntington Ave.

So he went there Friday and there weren't too many people there but he went over to the mats to stretch and there stretching out was none other than Kobe. So my son stretched next to him and told him "Ordinarily I wouldn't be talking to you right now because you beat my Celtics last night, but I thought I should thank you for giving me an incredible fantasy week, so thank you."

Kobe had a good laugh and they proceeded to chat a bit and continue to stretch together. My son says he was surprised that Kobe looked so much more buff on television than in real life where he just looks like a really tall guy who's in decent shape. I had to laugh at that. Anyway he said Kobe had a good sense of humor and didn't seem like a stuck up, only into himself celeb.

I asked if he got an autograph and my son said that I was an idiot. He said, "Dad, the guy's at the private athlete's only gym at Northeastern because he doesn't want to be someplace public being asked for an autograph. I wasn't going to bug him for one, he was there to avoid that shhhhh-stuff." I guess that's why he got into Northeastern, the kid is pretty sharp.

So for those Kobe haters out there I thought I'd let you know that he transformed one Kobe hater into a semi Kobe fan.

That would be my son not me........I still hate him.

Re: My son says "Kobe's a nice guy".
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Sometimes in life, you just have to sit the boy down for a man to man.  Place in front of him the razor strap, a switch, some castor oil and maybe sock full of broken glass and ask him to take that back or choose.   >:(

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Bring him out to the backyard and put him down peacefully.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Sometimes in life, you just have to sit the boy down for a man to man.  Place in front of him the razor strap, a switch, some castor oil and maybe sock full of broken glass and ask him to take that back or choose.   >:(

I'm guessing at his age he doesn't have a real concept of what castor oil is.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:58:48 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I can only imagine how bad it feels to realize you have failed as a parent. TP for you. It had to be tough to relay that story.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 03:19:42 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
This story was hilarious. One of the better ones I've read on celticsblog.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I hate to say it, but I think Seppuku is the only solution here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcO4MMzdYE8
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Haha regardless of any animosity we have towards Kobe, we would still be psyched to see him at the gym. I once ran on the treadmill with Bono when he was doing his Australian tour. That was pretty rad.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:57:27 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Kobe is the perfect example of someone who is fantastic to be around when he's winning.  When he is losing he gets defensive and makes sure everyone knows that he can score on anyone, but that it's a team game.

He's talented, and possibly the best player in the NBA, but he loses most of his allure when the team he plays on struggles.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Haha regardless of any animosity we have towards Kobe, we would still be psyched to see him at the gym.

No, honestly, I can say that I wouldn't be.  The loathing I have for Kobe goes well beyond the fact that he plays for a rival team.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
there's a woman in Colorado who disagrees.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:33 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
there's a woman in Colorado who disagrees.

and there's evidence and a Justice system who says that woman is a liar.  Sorry, I'll stand by the facts and the law in this one.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Everyone seems cool some of the time.  I would have pictured Kobe to have at least one trainor with him though.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Nick, condolences and a tp. I know you must be feeling that you've failed as a father right now. Cheer up though, I'm sure your other kids are turned out fine and dislike Kobe.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 08:51:06 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
If I was your son I would have punched him in his face.