Author Topic: Drew Gooden?  (Read 3269 times)

Drew Gooden?
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I am not sure if the Bulls would be willing to trade a player like Gooden to a team inside their own conference, but he would be a great addtion to the Celts. Hes making just over 7 million which is do-able and will be able to give us some length at the PF, and C. The Bulls have alot of bigmen and might be willing to part with him.

Maybe Scal, TA, and Sams contract?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Drew Gooden?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
What would the bulls be getting out of that trade? You'd have to send Walker and giddens and a PJ brown expiring contract to get Gooden. Maybe even add a 2nd round pick. He would be a good pick up.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Availability aside:

Gooden's played well when healthy, but he's been pretty banged up
Yup

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:45:48 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I am not sure if the Bulls would be willing to trade a player like Gooden to a team inside their own conference, but he would be a great addtion to the Celts. Hes making just over 7 million which is do-able and will be able to give us some length at the PF, and C. The Bulls have alot of bigmen and might be willing to part with him.

Maybe Scal, TA, and Sams contract?

How so? Why would the Bulls want Scal and Tony Allen? They absolutely prefer the cap space.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
What would the bulls be getting out of that trade? You'd have to send Walker and giddens and a PJ brown expiring contract to get Gooden. Maybe even add a 2nd round pick. He would be a good pick up.
I didn't realize that the Celtics had PJ Brown. If so, then why are we pursuing Drew Gooden?  ;)

I'm assuming you meant Cassell...

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:13:37 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

what are you rick patino? trade both of last years picks along with one of next years for one mediocre player?

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 04:30:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
We just don't have the chips to make any trades. However, Drew Gooden would be an ideal fit.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

what are you rick patino? trade both of last years picks along with one of next years for one mediocre player?

I am not saying we should do that trade. I was saying what it would take to get it done. Gooden would help and he has bad blood with the Cavs, but you would have to give up something for him.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm all for adding him, but we just don't have enough pieces, I don't think. Plus Chicago is probably wanting to hold on to him and just let his contract expire.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Assuming we could put together a $7mil package for Gooden that the Bulls would be interested in(unlikely), I would prefer to trade for Noccioni, who they would also like to move.  He doesn't quite have the big body that we need, but he does a lot of Posey-like things, and he's much more of a competitor/winner than Gooden.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 06:34:33 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i would LOVE nocioni. he lookks like he has bad breath, hair that could draw blood, horrible b.o.  i know i would'nt want that guy guarding me. i'm not a fan of drew gooden. he seems like a real headcase to me. i reaaly believe he was begging to get kicked out of the game vs. us last year just because he was getting embarassed.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I didn't realize that the Celtics had PJ Brown. If so, then why are we pursuing Drew Gooden?  ;)

I'm assuming you meant Cassell...

Sign and trade of PJ Browns contract. He doesn't have to play just show up for a physical or the team waves physical,  And makes what ever cash to balance a trade, money wise.