Author Topic: The Race For Home Court  (Read 14728 times)

The Race For Home Court
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This thread is meant as a quick reference to see where the Celtics are in terms of the other top contenders in the race for home court advantage.  I'll try to keep in updated every day of the season, but please, supplement and discuss this as appropriate.

February 8, 2009 (as of completion of all games):

NBA - best record:

1. L.A. Lakers, 41-9, .820
2. Cleveland Cavaliers, 39-10, .796
3. Boston Celtics, 42-11, .792
4. Orlando Magic, 38-12, .760
5. San Antonio Spurs, 34-15, .694

Eastern Conference - best record:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers, 39-10, .796
2. Boston Celtics, 42-11, .792
3. Orlando Magic, 38-12, .760
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:48:56 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: The Race For Home Court
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Pretty impressive, the Lakers taking road games from the Celts and Cavs in back to back games.  Right now, they're the best team in the NBA.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yea they have been playing very well, kind of going hand in hand with the play of Odom.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:07:44 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Pretty impressive, the Lakers taking road games from the Celts and Cavs in back to back games.  Right now, they're the best team in the NBA.

Yeah, kind of surprised by them. Earlier in the season I thought the Celtics and Cavaliers were in a league of their own. I thought everybody else in the NBA, including the Lakers, were all a level behind the two.

Btw, TP for the effort.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Still would have liked to see the outcome if KG was in at the end of the game but beating the Cavs is pretty impressive since nobody has won there this season.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
yup...hate to say it but LA looks very good. more impressed today with kobe ill....their bench and defense has come a long way....they clamped down on the cavs in the second half....i think boston needs at least home court in the east....i will take my chances with a 2-3-2 series with LA having home court...i think the 2 best teams in the end are boston and LA....i am writing off the magic....i think boston needs to really finish strong this next week...at NO with a gimpy paul and at dallas without terry...win and get to the break

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Impressive road trip by the Lakers. The good things I take away from this game is that Odom is still the Lakers' Rondo and his inconsistency is probably going to be a problem for them. The Cavs also seem to struggle in games when the questionable calls are swinging the other way. Hopefully that'll slow them down in the long run. I just hope the Celtics stay focused on finishing this month strong to not fall behind and especially stay ahead of Cleveland.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Still would have liked to see the outcome if KG was in at the end of the game but beating the Cavs is pretty impressive since nobody has won there this season.

Lakers fans certainly would have liked to see the outcome if Bynum was at the game...

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the lakers winning today actually helped boston...the C's need home court v the cavs

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton

Lakers fans certainly would have liked to see the outcome if Bynum was at the game...

Bynum was not kicked out of the game on a bogus call. He was injured before this game.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Bynum was not kicked out of the game on a bogus call. He was injured by Kobe game before that.

Yeps, but they still would like to see him on the floor, don't you agree?

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton

Bynum was not kicked out of the game on a bogus call. He was injured by Kobe game before that.

Yeps, but they still would like to see him on the floor, don't you agree?

Yes. Most teams want all their players to be healthy. Unfortunately for them Bynum has difficulty doing that.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
every team peaks up and down...the lakers are in a peak right now...a long way to go though....

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
It pains me to say it but the Lakers look like the best team right now. Impressive week. Odom if he played up to his potential would have been a multiple all-star.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
It pains me to say it but the Lakers look like the best team right now. Impressive week. Odom if he played up to his potential would have been a multiple all-star.

If Odom had ever played to his potential he'd be a hall of famer.