Author Topic: The Race For Home Court  (Read 14764 times)

Re: The Race For Home Court
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I would love to see the Celtics win in Cleveland during the last regular season game between these two teams.

Still, I have the feeling that it would be better for the C's to lose this game because it would confort the Cavaliers in the idea that they are unbeatable at home. I mean, we know that the Celtics can win on the road. I'm sure that the team will win in Cleveland during the playoffs, and I think it will kill the Cavaliers' confidence and ultimately make them lose the series, since they will have to win in Boston.

Re: The Race For Home Court
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Celtics really should win in Cleveland in the regular season. 

It will take off some of the pressure of not beating Cleveland in Cleveland from this season and last years playoffs. 

As for HCS, it will take a collapse of both Clev and LA to get there at this point.  (not that I would be sad if they both did collapse)

Not only to take that pressure off, but possibly to ensure that they Cavs don't finish the regular season at 40-1 at home, tying the '86 Celtics record.  Even though the real test of the record would be for the Cavs to go undefeated in the playoffs as well like the '86 Celtics did, but the league separates regular season and playoff records, so the 2009 Cavs would forever be linked to the '86 Celtics, and that just seems wrong.

I've been thinking about this too for the past few weeks... These Cavs aren't good enough to be linked to the 86 Celtics!! If they do go 40-1, they should thank the officials for gift wrapping all the 1 way contact calls for LeCrab.

Lets beat them in Cleveland in a couple weeks!
I agree,here's a tp to put you at 100...congrats!

Right back at ya. thanks for helping me get to that plateau.