Author Topic: The Race For Home Court  (Read 14767 times)

Re: The Race For Home Court
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 09:09:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
With 14 games left and a banded up roster, I guess the Celtics can kiss home court advantage thru the East goodbye.  We are behind the Cavs by 5 games.  What are the odds of we go 14-0 and the Cavs 9-5 the rest of the way?  I won't bet my house on it (even if I have one).  I will settle if we hold onto no worse than the 3rd seed.
We are ten and a half games up on Atlanta for the four seed. That is more than twice the distance between us and Cleveland, we are a lock for a top three seed. Its getting the number two seed that is in question.

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
This may be a blessing.  Think about it.  Atl obviously matches up well with us.  I would rather play Orlando in the 2nd round than Atl.  I know that sounds crazy, but I think that matchup would be better for us.  Let Atl run all over the Lebrons and wear them out... 

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
We definitely have an easy enough schedule were we can win out with only two really hard games (@Orl, @ Cle) and 1 other tough one (@Atl)

But even if we win out, I can't see Cleveland Losing 5 even tough they do have a tough schedule than us.

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I just want to stay ahead of ORL. I don't want to concede 3 rounds of home court advantage to our opponents. We'd burn out.

Other than that as long as the officials don't gift wrap all 4 home games for Lebron, I like our chances.

I'm pumped up for the post season!! Look out Dwight. Look out Lebron. Look out Kobe n' Sasha. Here comes the green machine!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
stay ahead of the magic. that is the mission

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
It shouldn't be to the players.

If the players are conceded second then I have to  ::) at them.

First goal should be to stay healthy. Then they should be shooting to catch the Cavs even if they don't make it, that should be the goal.

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I agree on both points.  First stay healthy.  Second try to get home court.  As soon as the playoffs are set, the goal changes to winning #18...irregardless of our seed.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
It shouldn't be to the players.

If the players are conceded second then I have to  ::) at them.

First goal should be to stay healthy. Then they should be shooting to catch the Cavs even if they don't make it, that should be the goal.

Well, the C's should try to win every game of course. Lebron could go down with an injury and the Cavs could stumble to a 6-6 record.

At the same time you have to be realistic. The Cavs are probably not going to loose enough games for the C's to make up 5 games.

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »

Offline Txusberg

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Even though I would prefer to have HCA, It is almost unrealistic to think that Cleveland will lose enough games in this short run for us to catch #1 seed. Orlando is pretty close but looking at potential 1st round match ups I am not sure if I would prefer to be #2 and play against Detroit or #3 and play Philly. I am confident that we will win any of those series but facing the Pistons in the 1st round could be a though series and burn us out for the long run. Maybe being #3 seed won't be that terrible because with everybody aboard after all those injuries I don't fear anybody and We can win in Orlando without HCA. Any preferences for 1st round?
Go Celts!!

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I say, "Bring on whomever wherever and we'll get it done."   ;)

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics really should win in Cleveland in the regular season. 

It will take off some of the pressure of not beating Cleveland in Cleveland from this season and last years playoffs. 

As for HCS, it will take a collapse of both Clev and LA to get there at this point.  (not that I would be sad if they both did collapse)

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:45 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

It will take off some of the pressure of not beating Cleveland in Cleveland from this season and last years playoffs. 

As for HCS, it will take a collapse of both Clev and LA to get there at this point.  (not that I would be sad if they both did collapse)
Totally agree. 

I would love to see us finish off with wins in Orlando, Atlanta and Cleveland just to send that message.  However, this will not get us to a #1 seed unless there is a monumental collapse by the Cavs.

I love how the rest of the league seems scared of LeCrab.  It will make our unflinching defense even more puzzling to him should we meet him in the post-season as in, "Why are they not scared?"

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Not only to take that pressure off, but possibly to ensure that they Cavs don't finish the regular season at 40-1 at home, tying the '86 Celtics record.  Even though the real test of the record would be for the Cavs to go undefeated in the playoffs as well like the '86 Celtics did, but the league separates regular season and playoff records, so the 2009 Cavs would forever be linked to the '86 Celtics, and that just seems wrong.

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Not only to take that pressure off, but possibly to ensure that they Cavs don't finish the regular season at 40-1 at home, tying the '86 Celtics record.  Even though the real test of the record would be for the Cavs to go undefeated in the playoffs as well like the '86 Celtics did, but the league separates regular season and playoff records, so the 2009 Cavs would forever be linked to the '86 Celtics, and that just seems wrong.

I've been thinking about this too for the past few weeks... These Cavs aren't good enough to be linked to the 86 Celtics!! If they do go 40-1, they should thank the officials for gift wrapping all the 1 way contact calls for LeCrab.

Lets beat them in Cleveland in a couple weeks!

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

Not only to take that pressure off, but possibly to ensure that they Cavs don't finish the regular season at 40-1 at home, tying the '86 Celtics record.  Even though the real test of the record would be for the Cavs to go undefeated in the playoffs as well like the '86 Celtics did, but the league separates regular season and playoff records, so the 2009 Cavs would forever be linked to the '86 Celtics, and that just seems wrong.

I've been thinking about this too for the past few weeks... These Cavs aren't good enough to be linked to the 86 Celtics!! If they do go 40-1, they should thank the officials for gift wrapping all the 1 way contact calls for LeCrab.

Lets beat them in Cleveland in a couple weeks!
I agree,here's a tp to put you at 100...congrats!