Author Topic: The Race For Home Court  (Read 14775 times)

Re: The Race For Home Court
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
April 12th could be HUGE  (@ CLE)

Yup, at this moment it would decide the #1 seed in the east.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I just hope we take care of business through next Friday first. 

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline leif

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hi guys, im a long time Lakers fan here. Not here to troll, just post my thoughts on Home court.

At the moment the lakers do have the best record in the league at 48-10. And I do believe are the best team in the league, due to their depth.

But the celtics aren't far off. The celts are 3 games behind us in the loss column but boston have played more games then us and it could quite easily come back to haunt us, especially considering our Laker schedule is mostly on the road to finish the season.

Personally, I'd much rather see Lebron and his cav's in the finals rather then the celtics. Purely on a match up standpoint, its easier for us to bury the cavs on the inside, they aren't as physical as people give them credit for. We match up much better, especially with LO playing the way he is.

The celtics on the other hand, are our enemies and always come to play, especially if they are playing on the road. Our games are always close and i am worried if we do see them, right now, they are the only team im worried about. Don't worry too much, the cavs can't keep winning expecting Bron to go for 50 each game to save them.

Heres a stat that will make you fans happy, that edges you guys further towards home court in the playoffs :)

Lebron 21pts 1board 0 assists in yesterdays loss!

Enjoy and goodluck for the rest of the season!

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Hi guys, im a long time Lakers fan here. Not here to troll, just post my thoughts on Home court.

At the moment the lakers do have the best record in the league at 48-10. And I do believe are the best team in the league, due to their depth.

But the celtics aren't far off. The celts are 3 games behind us in the loss column but boston have played more games then us and it could quite easily come back to haunt us, especially considering our Laker schedule is mostly on the road to finish the season.

Personally, I'd much rather see Lebron and his cav's in the finals rather then the celtics. Purely on a match up standpoint, its easier for us to bury the cavs on the inside, they aren't as physical as people give them credit for. We match up much better, especially with LO playing the way he is.

The celtics on the other hand, are our enemies and always come to play, especially if they are playing on the road. Our games are always close and i am worried if we do see them, right now, they are the only team im worried about. Don't worry too much, the cavs can't keep winning expecting Bron to go for 50 each game to save them.

Heres a stat that will make you fans happy, that edges you guys further towards home court in the playoffs :)

Lebron 21pts 1board 0 assists in yesterdays loss!

Enjoy and goodluck for the rest of the season!

Make that two losses behind you  ;)
It's always nice to have fans come here and
discuss things instead of trolling.
Good luck to you as well, we hope to see you
(and beat you of course!) in the Finals once again.

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:56 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Said this earlier, but we're VERY close to clinching tiebreak over Cleveland for HCA whether we win the next game with them or not.  We are guaranteed at least a tie in the season series, and the 2nd tiebreak is conference record, where we are up by a full 4 games (33-5 vs 29-9).  Huge win tonight for a lot of reasons.

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Said this earlier, but we're VERY close to clinching tiebreak over Cleveland for HCA whether we win the next game with them or not.  We are guaranteed at least a tie in the season series, and the 2nd tiebreak is conference record, where we are up by a full 4 games (33-5 vs 29-9).  Huge win tonight for a lot of reasons.
Any likely scenario where we gain a game on the Cavs and end up tied will have us with home court in the ECF. The key is keeping pace with them.

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
on a slightly different topic, Cavs are hammering the Heat right now.  I hope Heat get back into and cause back-to-back Ls for the Cavs...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
on a slightly different topic, Cavs are hammering the Heat right now.  I hope Heat get back into and cause back-to-back Ls for the Cavs...
Sadly I doubt it will happen. The Heat aren't good enough to come back from such a hole in Cleveland.

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Sadly I doubt it will happen. The Heat aren't good enough to come back from such a hole in Cleveland.

Especially with Mo Williams hitting 6 of 7 from 3 point land.  Wow.
That said, I love that we humbled that cocky little fella last night  :D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Magic and Lakers both lost last night.

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Especially with Mo Williams hitting 6 of 7 from 3 point land.  Wow.
That said, I love that we humbled that cocky little fella last night  :D

Can't stand Mo Williams.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Well, the Cavs play the Clippers. I expect some 20 point beatdown.  ::)

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 08:01:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Well, the Cavs play the Clippers. I expect some 20 point beatdown.  ::)
Probably, but it is on the road. The C's know that sometimes on the road you lose silly games.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lakers lose. All is well.

Yes, I know Cleveland won and that we lost. Leave me alone! 

:'(

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »

Offline greennwin

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
With 14 games left and a banded up roster, I guess the Celtics can kiss home court advantage thru the East goodbye.  We are behind the Cavs by 5 games.  What are the odds of we go 14-0 and the Cavs 9-5 the rest of the way?  I won't bet my house on it (even if I have one).  I will settle if we hold onto no worse than the 3rd seed.