Author Topic: Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown  (Read 12787 times)

Re: Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2009, 08:46:19 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
How can anyone be pale compared to Larry Bird?

the character "powder" was about the only one that came to mind...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
when i heard this on the radio iu said "ouch." we know he can shoot the three but what i really don't like is the passion he plays with. if adam morrison ever had potential to be anything kobe will get him there. i hate kobe but i respect his work ethic. i'm willing to bet these guys become fast friends. morrison lives and breathes hoops. he plays with passion. if nothing else he's radmonovich with guts. the other thing is LUKE WALTON IS AWFUL. i think luke is just about the worst defensive player in the nba and is not i repeat NOT A BRILLIANT PASSER.LOL. i'm willing to bet morrison will replace him before too long. the lakers with bynum back and morrison's passion our shedding the whole "soft" thing. in fact they're becoming quite the opposoite.

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
when i heard this on the radio iu said "ouch." we know he can shoot the three but what i really don't like is the passion he plays with. if adam morrison ever had potential to be anything kobe will get him there. i hate kobe but i respect his work ethic. i'm willing to bet these guys become fast friends. morrison lives and breathes hoops. he plays with passion. if nothing else he's radmonovich with guts. the other thing is LUKE WALTON IS AWFUL. i think luke is just about the worst defensive player in the nba and is not i repeat NOT A BRILLIANT PASSER.LOL. i'm willing to bet morrison will replace him before too long. the lakers with bynum back and morrison's passion our shedding the whole "soft" thing. in fact they're becoming quite the opposoite.
I understand it's fun to bag on the Lakers, but Luke Walton is not awful. His basketball IQ is well above average. He's a role player to be sure, but awful? No. Let's get real here.

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
ok awful was a little strong. i disagree that his bball i.q. is above average and i think he is one of the worst defensive players in the nba.whenever he is in the game ,whoever he is guarding, i'm going to THAT guy. he's PATHETIC on defense.

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Vlad is the better player with the worse contract.  Can't stand LA but I'm rooting for Morrison.

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Well, Shannon Brown & Kobe should get along well.

Shannon likes to punch girls in the face, and Kobe likes to, well we all know what.  Shannon will knock 'em out and Kobe will take care of business.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3048211

It's not mentioned in the article, but everyone from Cleveland knows he was being removed from the club because he jacked a broad in the grill.

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 12:38:32 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Inconsequential salary dump.  Net effect, I think, is *slightly* negative for LA.  Vlad Rad at least does one thing very well - shoot the long ball.  For all of his other flaws (notably his Dickau-esque defense), he's at least a guy you need to worry about from outside.  Morrison *could* still develop into a good outside shooter, but he's not there yet, he can't create his own shot, and he's just as bad a defender. 

So, you move from a guy who's redundant but at least does ONE thing well, to a guy who's still redendant who does NOTHING well. 

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Inconsequential salary dump.  Net effect, I think, is *slightly* negative for LA.  Vlad Rad at least does one thing very well - shoot the long ball.  For all of his other flaws (notably his Dickau-esque defense), he's at least a guy you need to worry about from outside.  Morrison *could* still develop into a good outside shooter, but he's not there yet, he can't create his own shot, and he's just as bad a defender. 

So, you move from a guy who's redundant but at least does ONE thing well, to a guy who's still redendant who does NOTHING well. 

Moving also one year of VladRad salary in the process. Good deal for the Lakers.

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »

Online Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well, Shannon Brown & Kobe should get along well.

Shannon likes to punch girls in the face, and Kobe likes to, well we all know what.  Shannon will knock 'em out and Kobe will take care of business.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3048211

It's not mentioned in the article, but everyone from Cleveland knows he was being removed from the club because he jacked a broad in the grill.

Give it a rest.  Somebody obviously jacked your grill...