Author Topic: Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown  (Read 12773 times)

Re: Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
It seems to me people are saying the same thing about Morrison that was said about Kwame Brown.  Still hasn't reached his potential, plenty of talent, etc.

This is more a move about salary than anything else.  It doesn't improve the team and shouldn't scare any Celtics fans.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 05:10:02 PM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
Morrison shoots horrible from the field. I don't know. He is not known for his defense either. He can get hot sometimes a little bit from mid range, but that's about it. He at least doesn't only shoot threes all the time like Vladimir. Shannon? I knew he once played in Cleveland, nothing more.

Bobcats are a good defensive team so maybe they needed a good outside shooter? Can afford to have a no D player if he scores when open.
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 05:20:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I like it for the Bobcats right now with Wallace out, you can now move Diaw to the 3 and still keep the lane open for Okafor (Which I believe is one of the reasons he's been more productive). It doesn't hurt them defensively, Diaw isn't an amazing defender at the 4 so having Vlad Rad at the 4 isn't that big a difference.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:28:37 PM by KCattheStripe »

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
It seems to me people are saying the same thing about Morrison that was said about Kwame Brown.  Still hasn't reached his potential, plenty of talent, etc.

This is more a move about salary than anything else.  It doesn't improve the team and shouldn't scare any Celtics fans.

Yup LA dumped that last year at $6.9 mill off the books in 10/11 (as well as saving LA a mil or so next year). Perhaps they're making space to re-up Lamar Odom.

Trade is a wash (like most trades)... mediocre in, mediocre out

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 05:37:36 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I liked Morrison and I dislike the Lakers, looks like I don't like Morrison anymore.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Rad's rep has come from the 3ball shot. He is a tweener and that ain't good. LA was not using him much lately and his contract is heavy.His defense is nonexistent. He is too light and not physiacal enough for a four and too slow for a three.

Morrison was taken too high anyways. He can score, especially from downtown and plays terrible defense.

Nothing for nothing is still nothing, but a younger nothing at a different position with a smaller contract. I am not an NBA GM or know anything about player development, so maybe LA sees a light at the other end of the tunnel for Morrison that I don't. To me he is  weak looking, slow, unathletic, good ballhandler who can shoot. He impresses me the same way Rad does. Both guys make me ill.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think the only thing that stinks is that I can't secretly pull for Morrison anymore. He's dead to me now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Now at least that **** stache is residing in LA where it belongs.  I would imagine he'd find more Marxists there too.

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 05:53:43 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Phil Jackson is the master of getting the most out of these type players. Jud Buechler, Steve Kerr, Scott Burrell, and Brian Shaw all became household names contributing on Phil's championship teams. I definitely think it is a great move for LA and puts them as the frontrunners until Danny makes a move or 2.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 06:03:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
LA wins this. Vlad is useless this year. Morrison and Brown is still young. They could still become players.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04:56 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Danny:  DO SOMETHING!!

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

Offline exhelodrvr

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Vlad wasn't playing for the Lakers, so they don't lose anything on the court. If either Morrison or Brown turn out to be decent, the Lakers will gain there. I don't see it helping the Lakers during this season, though. They also save a fair amount of luxury tax, which will help with the upcoming contracts.

Vlad may get a chance to play with Charlotte - this could end up benefitting both teams.

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 06:16:02 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Phil Jackson is the master of getting the most out of these type players. Jud Buechler, Steve Kerr, Scott Burrell, and Brian Shaw all became household names contributing on Phil's championship teams. I definitely think it is a great move for LA and puts them as the frontrunners until Danny makes a move or 2.

Guarantee you Larry Brown gets more out of Radmonovic than Phil did, so it goes both ways...I dont think adam morrison instead of radmanovic makes them much better than they already were if at all. These are 2 guys that werent even getting much time in Charlotte, up until the lakers were apparently trying to move him, vlad was starting for the lakers..he spread the floor for them better than the 2 players coming back will or luke walton
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:26:48 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
All I know is that Vlad is a beast in 2K9.
Great move by the Bobcats.

Is it bad that this is one of my first thoughts anytime big moves happen in the NBA? I remember being pumped that Baron Davis and Marcus Camby were going to be on the same team.

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I see this as a very balanced deal: It doesn't help either club.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."