Author Topic: PHX Fire Sale  (Read 10883 times)

Re: PHX Fire Sale
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I am re posting because my link did not work.
I also wanted to ad that this trade would open up a spot for Marbury.
I still do not think they would do this trade, but what if they would!
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/ftp://

RealGM doesn't allow you to post links to their trades, I think.  You need to either cut-and-paste, or use ESPN's trade machine.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 02:59:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Grant Hill is not walking through that door, fans.  And if you expect him to walk through that door, he's going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize that Sprite guy is not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their ****'s off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Jim Rice was booed. I've been around when Yastrzemski was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team.
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I got this trade to work although it might be a bit unrealistic compared to the offer New York can offer Phoenix.  Let´s try it:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~348~1021~2166~1727&teams=21~21~21~2~2&te=&cash=

Phoenix send to us:

Leandro Barbosa
Salary: $6,100,000  Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 12.9  REB: 2.3  AST: 1.8  PER: 18.56

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550  Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9  REB: 8.2  AST: 2.0  PER: 20.40

Boston sends to Phoenix:

Brian Scalabrine
Salary: $3,206,897  Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.1  REB: 1.3  AST: 0.5  PER: 6.82

Ray Allen
Salary: $18,388,430  Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 18.2  REB: 3.4  AST: 2.9  PER: 17.97

Eddie House
Salary: $2,650,000  Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.4  REB: 1.9  AST: 1.1  PER: 15.20

I know this is a bit realistic as PHX are looking to cut down the salary cap for next season.  We would just be able to allow them to cut down Eddie House´s wages for next season (2.6m) but they will get 2 guys with 2 year contracts instead of 2 with three year contracts. 

However, as I stated above, PHX have got to be making a deal with New York any day soon as that made the best sense of the ones I saw on ESPN the other day.  But I would honestly be willing to check this trade out.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Shoot me know....

But what about KG/T Allen for Amare and Richardson....

BANG!

Edit:  I see someone else beat me to it. ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I got this trade to work although it might be a bit unrealistic compared to the offer New York can offer Phoenix.  Let´s try it:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~348~1021~2166~1727&teams=21~21~21~2~2&te=&cash=

Phoenix send to us:

Leandro Barbosa
Salary: $6,100,000  Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 12.9  REB: 2.3  AST: 1.8  PER: 18.56

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550  Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9  REB: 8.2  AST: 2.0  PER: 20.40

Boston sends to Phoenix:

Brian Scalabrine
Salary: $3,206,897  Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.1  REB: 1.3  AST: 0.5  PER: 6.82

Ray Allen
Salary: $18,388,430  Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 18.2  REB: 3.4  AST: 2.9  PER: 17.97

Eddie House
Salary: $2,650,000  Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.4  REB: 1.9  AST: 1.1  PER: 15.20

I know this is a bit realistic as PHX are looking to cut down the salary cap for next season.  We would just be able to allow them to cut down Eddie House´s wages for next season (2.6m) but they will get 2 guys with 2 year contracts instead of 2 with three year contracts. 

However, as I stated above, PHX have got to be making a deal with New York any day soon as that made the best sense of the ones I saw on ESPN the other day.  But I would honestly be willing to check this trade out.

I don't think this trade makes sense for either team.  We now have a logjam in the frontcourt?  KG certainly does not come off the bench, so does Amare or Perk start?  I don't want to trade Ray for a bench player, but we know how important the tough frontcourt defense that we had last year was (which Amare will not help with).  We also will be going into the postseason without 3 of our only 4 3-pt shooters from last season, which was a staple in our title run, without replenishing that role.

Phoenix would have a huge hole at the 4 after this trade then have a jam at the wing with Ray and J-Rich.  They could slide Rich to the 3 and have Barnes off the bench, but their 4 will be lacking.  They also can simply get better elsewhere.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 09:28:38 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
we're not acquiring shaq or amare, for a number of reasons -- most notably that we're not trading any one of the big three. not happenin'. so let's concentrate on the rest of their roster.

PHX isn't the only one who is going to be looking towards financial responsibility while retooling with young talent, so there should be some opportunities to acquire real players strictly due to contracts.

NO comes to mind. LAC comes to mind. MIL comes to mind. maybe IND.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:43 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Three team trade idea involving Blazers and Suns (predicated on the suns wanting financial relief because they are probably getting robbed otherwise).

Portland Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
  Leon Powe
  Amare Stoudemire
Outgoing Players
  Ike Diogu
  Travis Outlaw
  Channing Frye
  Joel Przybilla

Portland keeps their young stars and adds Amare and a good backup PF while clearing some dead weight. Forces Aldredge to play center, but that is not such a bad thing considering the positives.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
  Joel Przybilla
  Jason Richardson
Outgoing Players
  Leon Powe
  Ray Allen

C's finally get another true center and replace Ray with a younger guy with similar production.

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
  Ike Diogu
  Travis Outlaw
  Channing Frye
  Ray Allen
Outgoing Players
  Jason Richardson
  Amare Stoudemire

The Suns save a ton of money, get two expiring contracts, a young forward with great upside, and an all star.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:12:15 AM by Jon Niednagel »
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think the downgrade from Ray Allen to Jason Richardson is as small as you think.  The stats may be similar, but in terms of defense and chemistry, I'd stick with Ray.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I agree that Ray is better at the two than Richardson for this team, but I disagree that Ray and Powe are better than Richardson and Joel.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
These were probably already mentioned, but:

-TA for Grant Hill
-Pruitt & Giddens for Grant Hill
-Powe for Grant Hill (although I'd rather use Powe to get Joe Smith, if possible)
-J.R. Giddens for Matt Barnes
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~138~3429~3019~3023~3464~336~788&teams=25~21~21~25~21~21~2~2&te=&cash=

something like this works and variations where we give up less or spread those players out to OKC and Phoenix differently are better(the Suns get too much in my example).

These are the two players that fit best, imho. And we know OKC likes Tony and DA has a relationship with the suns so he can manuever there.

Buyouts of Hills and or Smiths contract work better for us and we give up less talent or pay more cash(I am not a salary cap master like some. I am just showing that DA has room to do some things and get key players) we'll see. He has to do something.

Do we win it if we get Smith and Hill but lose Leon and TA? I think so.

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
What's with all the Ray Allen trades? ???

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
His contract expires in 2010, so it makes it more valuable. Correct?
I personally would rather have Amare, Barbosa and Hill. Wouldn't you?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
What's with all the Ray Allen trades? ???

Who else on our team has value as a player and a somewhat-palatable contract?  As great as he's played this year...  if you're trading one of the Big 3, it's Ray.  Pierce is the face of the franchise and KG's the guy who makes everything else work.  If you want to get a good player, you need to give up a good player (unless, of course, you've got cap space and are therefore able to get Kurt Thomas and two #1s for a second round draft pick, but I digress...)

EDIT: Not to say that we SHOULD trade Ray, but if you DO want to acquire a top player, it's virtually impossible to contruct a trade that does not include him.  You've got to figure that three-way trades will be more difficult in the current climate as well; any team that DOES have cap space to play with isn't going to be looking to add any salary, not in this economy.