Author Topic: PHX Fire Sale  (Read 10922 times)

Re: PHX Fire Sale
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I like Hill, and I'd definitely target him in the off-season.  However, I don't think I'd give up Leon for him. 

I'd do something like POB + Sam + cash, though, with the understanding that Sam would be cut and could rejoin our team either as a player or coach.
I love Grant Hill, but I don't think he can help us now or in the future. Our need now seems to be showing itself as definitely a need for quality length and that's not Hill. I think we can do many things within the current roster to take care of the pg stuff, but our only hope for length on the roster is Scals. I believe he could guard a guy like Gasol if he can keep him away from the basket. Odom, with his quickness could be a problem, but Scal might be able to handle that. We also need a defender for Lebron. Pierce is the best guy for this now, but it will take away his offense. Someone with height, who could cover Lebron would be nice.

I'm sorry but I would do that deal in a heart beat. 

Have Hill helps fix the backup PG issue as he can be the PG on offense from either the SG or SF spot.  It would free up House from those duties allowing him to be just the shooter he is.

Losing Powe hurts.  They would have to find another big man. 

I would do it too, but I think I would want to secure a big man to replace Powe first.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I'm stoked Ainge get us Grant NOW. First let KG call Grant to persuade him to come here, then Ainge can make that Phone Call. TA 4 Grant should work for both team. Where they'll have an expiring contract for next year and will have Grant Hill. Do it NOW!

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Oh, grant... if you only wanted a month before signing with Phoenix you could of come here after we got KG. Doc wanted you here, Ray and Paul, me, and even you wanted to be here... you just wanted a winner. Sadly ironic.  :(

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
not sure the Suns would be motivated to move Hill, he's an expiring contract - I guess if they could get a younger player with some upside - but only after they've dealt Shaq and Amare to dump major salary - and they might need Hill as a throw in to make salaries work

just saying don't hold your breath
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I doubt Phoenix would be interested in moving Hill for one of our scrubs. They could do so much better.

This summer however... I would go after Hill hard!

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Sounds like it's on. Don't think we have enough assets or salary to make much of a push for either Amare or Shaq (see below), but I wonder if Grant Hill might be available for talent or picks.

Here was my Amare attempt (failed):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=138~3429~3019~2018~3023~1021~1727&teams=21~21~21~21~21~21~2&te=&cash=

Thoughts?
Here is one that works, But hey wouldn't do it. Maybe if we added picks.
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Grant Hill fixes not one but possibly two problems since he is smart and can handle the ball (point forward?).  Bye TA.  If this is anywhere near possible, Danny had better be all over it like Kobe on a hospitality employee at a high priced resort in Colorado.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
not sure the Suns would be motivated to move Hill, he's an expiring contract - I guess if they could get a younger player with some upside - but only after they've dealt Shaq and Amare to dump major salary - and they might need Hill as a throw in to make salaries work

just saying don't hold your breath

Hill is the biggest bargain on the team, but I still think anyone can be had if a) they're going to trade their core, and b) $$$ savings is involved. according to reports, all they care about is getting young talent and saving money. so, Leon is talented, and on top of that throw money at them.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »

Offline Jay_Diggles

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Shoot me know....

But what about KG/T Allen for Amare and Richardson....
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Shoot me know....

But what about KG/T Allen for Amare and Richardson....

Bang.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hill would be a great 6th man for us.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The Suns are not trading Grant Hill.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think that this might be posturing. Why would the Suns want to trade the youngest and arguably the best of their high salary players? Shaq needs to be moved, but more importantly Steve Nash should be moved. Nash has high trade value, only two more years on his contract and will probably not be around that much longer after his next contract. They should be trading Richardson, Nash and Shaq, accumulating young players, first round picks and expiring contracts; They should do all this while building around Amare.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Suns are not trading Grant Hill.

The only guy they're NOT trading is Nash. I agree he's not at the top of the list to go, but if they trade both Shaq and Amare, everyone else will be available for future upside. Seriously, how much are they going to pay him in the offseason? And why would he stay?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I am re posting because my link did not work.
I also wanted to ad that this trade would open up a spot for Marbury.
I still do not think they would do this trade, but what if they would!
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/ftp://
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 02:14:06 PM by Gomesfan »
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15